Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 05:36 PM

SN# 4638247 Gap Reciver IHC F6528291 Heat treat A55A LMR 6-53 Stock SA Drill Rifle North Store 8-12-17
Old 08-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Talking IHC Serial Number Thread - amping it up

Guys,
Laid up a little after some minor surgery so decided to spend some time on the Serial Number Spreadsheet.
I have entered rifles from my various databases. I have not entered the owners name because that did not seem right, but if you see your rifle here and want your name on it just let me know.
I have also pulled in all the IHCs sold at Auction by the CMP (more there than you would think). I added the auction number in case you want to take a closer look at any of those details.
All in all at least a couple hundred new entries.
I highlighted the rifles listed as Correct, or Collector, just for your reference.
I noticed several sequential numbers starting to show up, so that is another cool byproduct.
I still have a little editing to do to the list, but tomorrow is another day.

One thing I notice is you can really start to see the non-sequential manner in which receiver/barrels are mated as well as the dates in the stocks. I know this all may not be the most accurate, but as we gather more and more, patterns will begin to make some sense.

Information needed:
Receiver Serial Number * Variation * Barrel Mfg Barrel Date *Stock Barrel Channel Date* Owner

Receiver Variation KEY:
AH=Arrowhead
GPR= Gap Letter
HRA/IHC=HRA IHC Postage Stamp
PS=IHC/IHC Postage Stamp
SA/IHC= SA/IHC Postage Stamp

Anyways, the following are my latest list and should have everyone in posting prior to today that I did not have a question about.

This ought to hold us for a few days, I am thinking
Rob

Last edited by rob30-06; 08-14-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-13-2017, 08:29 AM

For rifle #5104335 you can add it's an O-66 rebuild. Seems there was one or two near there that were O-66 or O-65 marked rifles. Maybe a whole SN block went to USMC?
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 08-13-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
For rifle #5104335 you can add it's an O-66 rebuild. Seems there was one or two near there that were O-66 or O-65 marked rifles. Maybe a whole SN block went to USMC?
Gotcha - updated in main sheet
Old 08-13-2017, 08:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Rob, for the time being can you contact the OP and have him copy and paste your Imgur links into his original post before your links become lost in the thread?
Just an idea... FWIW.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Rob, for the time being can you contact the OP and have him copy and paste your Imgur links into his original post before your links become lost in the thread?
Just an idea... FWIW.
I hate to bother Wayne with this so I have contacted a Moderator to see if they can move my post to the front page giving me edit capability. I think that takes some time so for now I am trying to keep my sheets around the last page since most guys go there anyway.
Hopefully it won't take too long
thanks,
Rob
Old 09-18-2017, 06:00 PM

My thanks to Rob 30-06 for keeping the IHC list going. I should have posted my data before now, but better late than never.

SN 4652397 gap letter receiver, barrel LMR 6-53 dated, stock IHC: 1184 in barrel channel.

Came from the CMP in the early days of the CMP.

Sanlanman