Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 AM

Default rm1dspecial?

I recently purchased an M1D with CMP certificate from a local seller. I didn't know these CMP assembled guns were out there. This thing looks really nice but is there a way to tell if it's a CMP built gun or a USGI built gun?
thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by altera6 View Post
I recently purchased an M1D with CMP certificate from a local seller. I didn't know these CMP assembled guns were out there. This thing looks really nice but is there a way to tell if it's a CMP built gun or a USGI built gun?
thanks
CMP built and sold M1D Specials starting back in March 2015, with NOS M1D barrels, reparked parts, repro mounts and new production stocks.
If one of these, your certificate should say "RM1DSpecial" on it.
If a genuine USGI M1D, it should state M1D, and/or possibly include a hang-tag.

If there are any other questions, best bet is to ask CMP to research the serial number via the information below...or call CS and they may be able to process it while you wait, with payment completed via credit card:

Q?
WILL THE CMP RESEARCH A SERIAL NUMBER TO SEE IF IT HAD EVER BEEN SOLD BY THE DCM OR CMP?

A.
We will perform the research. Research often involves going through boxes of old records. Our files are only complete from 1996 to the present. We do have some earlier files, but know they are incomplete. We require a letter request with payment and we will respond by letter stating if we found anything, and if so when we sold it and what model it was we actually sold. We will not identify original purchaser. Allow 2-3 weeks per serial number.

We regret not being able to perform this service for free. We receive dozens of requests each week and it can take up to one hour just to find that we do not have any record of a serial number being researched. Charge is $25.00 per serial number, prepaid, whether we find anything or not.

If interested, send letter to CMP, ATTN: Serial Number Research, 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 03-21-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 AM

Prefect. Answers my question.
Thank you