Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Default H&R M12 Trigger's ??

How are the triggers on these rifles compared to the Kimber 82G. Are they adjustable and if so, how low??
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC4thee View Post
How are the triggers on these rifles compared to the Kimber 82G. Are they adjustable and if so, how low??
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=59297
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM

The trigger on the M12 is adjustable for pull weight (screw on the bottom of the trigger housing, in front of trigger in trigger guard) sear engagement (screw located on the front of the trigger housing. You'll need to remove the action from the stock.) and over travel (a very small set screw in the back of the trigger guard).
I'd consider it a single stage "micro motion" style trigger as when it's set properly there's very little travel in the trigger blade to release the shot. The release is softish rather than the snap of some triggers. It's very consistant and easy to shoot well with.
I have one set to 1.5 lbs and I'm not sure if I'd try any lighter. I've found that as pull weight is reduced it's important to increase sear engagement. Otherwise the sear will fail to catch at all or will hang and allow the rifle to discharge on closing the bolt.
Between the 82G and the M12 I'd call them pretty much equal.
Slaves don't dream of being free. They dream of being masters. ~ August Stetten
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 PM

Thanks, folks. That is the kind of information I needed.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM

How light do you actually want it? I have a set trigger on a ML'er I set down to about 2 oz., but I can manage that because it's exposed, and a pretty straight stick I can easily control with a limited contact point between the trigger and my finger. I tried setting a 52-D trigger down that low, and, because of the broad, curved trigger shoe, and generous contact area with my finger, I could not adequately control it at the very light trip weights.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 PM

If I'm shooting with aperture sights, I like a trigger in the 6-8 oz. range. I've been doing more searching and looks like 1 pound and above is about the safe limit with the stock trigger.