Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Default Where are all the bullets/ammo going?

Now I'm sure that all the ammo and component manufacturers are running at full tilt, but oddly suppliers remain out of stock. Go to Midway, Graf's, Natchez, Widener's, look at Hornady & Sierra product listings. Out of stock/no backorder- right down the line for all 30 cal bullets, not just the popular ones. If they are running at max capacity, where is the product going? Not to fire up the conspiracy thing, but one fairly decent source alluded to hearing that Uncle Sam has bought a bunch & it is sitting on the docks. Can the more knowledgeable guys here weigh in on this?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:45 PM

I get email notices when the bullets I want are back in stock at Midway and other vendors. When I get the notification usually they get sold out quickly. Other vendors I have the pages for 9mm or .30 caliber as a favorite and clickn on them and occasionally will see bullets back in stock, for a few minutes to an hour, until they are sold out. Don't fall for the Uncle Sam buying it up conspiracy theory.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 PM

People are buying what they can while they can. I will not end while people are afraid and have money.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:11 AM

Ummm, the government has purchased 1.5 billion, yes billion with a b rounds of 223/556. Not conspiracy theory but true. Several congressmen have requested meetings with Napolitano to inquire about why DHS needs the ammo.....
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena....
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Kimber View Post
Ummm, the government has purchased 1.5 billion, yes billion with a b rounds of 223/556. Not conspiracy theory but true. Several congressmen have requested meetings with Napolitano to inquire about why DHS needs the ammo.....
Read the same..As stated above..People will continue to hoard til they run outta $$$. This is far worse than Clinton Era or any other SH)T storm I've seen

CMP Match Chairman

NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman

Indoor Small Bore Rifle Chairman

Chief Range Officer
Old 04-17-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrigged View Post
Now I'm sure that all the ammo and component manufacturers are running at full tilt, but oddly suppliers remain out of stock. Go to Midway, Graf's, Natchez, Widener's, look at Hornady & Sierra product listings. Out of stock/no backorder- right down the line for all 30 cal bullets, not just the popular ones. If they are running at max capacity, where is the product going? Not to fire up the conspiracy thing, but one fairly decent source alluded to hearing that Uncle Sam has bought a bunch & it is sitting on the docks. Can the more knowledgeable guys here weigh in on this?
+1 EVEN black powder components are not showing up. Just now got a "it's on the way" e-mail from Midway that .36 cal WADS are finally coming!!!

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace" Luke 11:21
"Dum Sprio Spero"

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index raeed4@comcast.net

Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Carbine Club
USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 AM

I think people are the problem.

The guys I regularly go to sporting good stores with just get into a frenzy when they see ammo on the shelf that matches a gun they have. They go full on retard, pay any price to get the maximum they can walk out with.

People just need to chill, buy what they actually plan on using.

Personally, I can't wait for this paranoid frenzy to pass so I can cash in on the great deals from the inevitable surplus of of ammo that's going to show up in 12-18 months.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac2165 View Post
I think people are the problem.

The guys I regularly go to sporting good stores with just get into a frenzy when they see ammo on the shelf that matches a gun they have. They go full on retard, pay any price to get the maximum they can walk out with.

People just need to chill, buy what they actually plan on using.

Personally, I can't wait for this paranoid frenzy to pass so I can cash in on the great deals from the inevitable surplus of of ammo that's going to show up in 12-18 months.
That's nice. Chastise shooters for buying ammo.

Don't hold your breath on a surplus of ammo.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM

When a wal mart delivery comes in there is always a "group" waiting , they look like "buzzard's" in a tree waiting for "road kill".