Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 09:28 AM

When I was there fort SAFS, the White Oak people said there is almost a year backlog on their service rifle uppers right now.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:01 AM

I bought a RR A4 the Saturday before P100 and NTI for 50 dollars more than the A2, but I'm always partial to having the military A2 flash supressor. What torque should I use for the carry handle flat head fasteners?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:32 AM

Use german torque spec..........guuddentite
Old 08-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloreman View Post
Use german torque spec..........guuddentite
Since its German, guudentite must be metric. I'll make sure to remember that.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM

I probably went in the RR store 10 times last week, spent about $1500 on various parts. I never had bad service or rude attitude from anyone, and they were swamped. And of course I always came out with my free bag of popcorn or RRA NM hot dog. I guess maybe you get what you give, I'm an easy going/friendly guy I didnt have a problem with anyone all week, competitor or vendor.
As far as quality, If you cant go distinguished or win matches with a RRA upper, it aint the upper. The only reason I purchased a WOA for my last upper was the pinned sights and krieger barrel. My backup upper was a CLE chambered douglas wich finally gave up the ghost at 8500 rds. I then had WOA pin the signts and purchased a new Krieger barrel from him. IMHO its hard to find a gun on comercial row that is not capable of winning the NTI.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:04 AM

RRA must be backed up. I have been waiting about 1.5 years for a complete RRA NM A4 through local store in Springfield OR

Add that I am rather PO'd by now. Is there an alternative brand rifle?

Add again it probably doesn't matter as my arthritis is getting so bad, I won't be able to shoot matches anymore....

Last edited by hardball45; 09-10-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Add
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 AM

It's too bad you can't make it to Perry during the games to buy one at a great price. There probably is a way to accomplish that in a roundabout way. I can't resist purchasing one on a yearly basis.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Someone could have purchased one themselves and then sold it to you. Perfectly legal and avoids the wait. Person buys from Mfg, with their own money then sells to you and has it shipped to your FFL. You pay seller and transfer fee, whala. But that has come and gone.

In addition, only those who resided in states contiguous to Ohio could purchase a rifle from RRA @ CP. Only OH residents could purchase a stripped lower. Not exactly sure why that was. If that is OH state law or if it was RRA policy. As a Michigan resident I can purchase rifles in a number of states not contiguous to MI.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:24 PM

Anyone can buy at Perry.
If out of State the seller will ship to an FFL of your choice.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
In addition, only those who resided in states contiguous to Ohio could purchase a rifle from RRA @ CP. Only OH residents could purchase a stripped lower. Not exactly sure why that was. If that is OH state law or if it was RRA policy.
That was "new" this year. According to RRA, when I asked, they said they were audited (BATF?) and did not have the credentials for "cash & carry" type sales to non-contiguous States. WTF??

So I went to Armalite and no problem. They said anyone that passed NICS 4473 (whatever) could buy a rifle and take it with them.