Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Default Owners Manual for a Winchester Model 52

I have had the good fortune to acquire a Model 52E Winchester target rifle. Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual for it? I don't need it to operate the rifle, as the rifle is simplicity itself. But I would like to see a schematic, as I am not sure whether I have everything I should have.

It has no safety at all. To remove the bolt, it is necessary to use pliers to grasp a sort of knob just forward of the trigger guard, and pull down on it, while pulling the knob to the rear. I can't imagine the rifle was designed this way, and I think it possible that I may be missing some sort of part that had been attached to the knob, which made it easy to pull the knob downward.

Taking a pair of pliers to any gun gives me the shivers. There has to be something better.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 PM

That sounds nothing like the normal procedure for removing the bolt from a Winchester 52 with a micro motion trigger (52C, 52D and E prefixed 52D).

Schematic is here:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact.../52D-40313.htm

You may want to post your question on rimfire central.

A few of the regulars there have forgotten more about these rifles than most will ever know.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:15 PM

I have a Win 52 E too, mines a position rifle. What is yours, a prone or position. I have a small booklet that I got with it. It`s for a D model, but their the same workings. There`s a small tool that makes is easier, it`s about 1/4 in wide and about 2" long. It has a bend on both ends that about about 1/8 in. long. You pull down and pull back the bolt handle. Is this what your calling a knob? If you want, PM me and i`ll try to copy the booklet and send it to your e address.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:32 PM

On the web site link that 7.62 had it didn`t show the part we talking about. It maybe that cincinatus and I have a Kenyon trigger in our rifles. It`s at the front end of the trigger housing.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:48 PM

you might try www.rstmanuals.com they sell repo copies of original manuals
Old 10-12-2013, 08:47 PM

This is a great site for manuals they have the Model 52B manual if that will help. Just use the pull down menus by manufacturer.

http://www.tiropratico.com/esplosi/menu/index.htm
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the responses. My rifle does have a Kenyon trigger.

I am new to small bore, and don't yet know the difference between prone and position rifles. I suspect mine is a prone. It's big and heavy, has a thumbhole stock, and a honkin' big Unertl scope on top - one very well-made, impressive gun.

No iron sights, though, I need to get those for it.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Cool, if you have a thumbhole stock you must have a position gun. unless it`s stock was replaced,the prone one didn`t. Do you have a hook on yours? It`s nice your getting into smallbore shooting. I`m thinking of selling mine, age, health and cost of buying good ammo, and the cost of range fees. Plus driving 1 1/2 hours to get to as place to shoot in getting too much for me. It`s hard for me to let go, I have been shooting since I was 13. The last time I went to Camp Perry was in 1978. Mine has a Redfeild scope with 24 power. I wish I had a extra sight for you sorry. I do have an extra front sight, it`s a 4" Redfeild international with interchangeable inserts. I did copy the booklet, and if you PM me I`ll send you fotos of it and you can print it out. Plus I could send fotos of my rifle and the a foto of the front sight. BobJob
Old 10-13-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39chevy View Post
you might try www.rstmanuals.com they sell repo copies of original manuals
+1. Been really pleased with what I've ordered from them. They list the manual you're looking for.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:43 PM

Based on your description for removing trigger, you have a Kenyon trigger. Congratulations, best trigger ever made for the 52. These were an option on the 52 Internationals and International Prone models. Many were sold aftermarket as well and installed after the fact. If you would like to email me some pictures or post some, I can ID it for certain. My email is seewinr@aol.com
Also, the E did not come with a separate manual. They used the D manuals, since Winchester never really changed the name. They always referred to the D and E's as D model. Typically when the International was sold with a Kenyon trigger, a separate instruction sheet was included with rifle.
Hope that helps.
Steve