Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 AM

Default This must be the best scope stand made

First of all I have to financial interest/ties to the manufacturer of this base. I’m just a happy customer that would like to share the info of this awesome stand to the membership on this forum. I would like to thank Wayne McLeod (I believe he is a member of this forum) at http://www.gearbuggy.com for working with me in making this top-notch stand a reality.

Being unsatisfied with both my Creedmoore, Ray-Vin and Ewing stands, I continued to search till I made contact with Wayne. What a pleasant gentleman to deal with. He answered all my questions with professionalism. I was very specific on what I want which was to design a stand as solid and stable as possible. Wayne went above and beyond my expectation.

I encourage anyone interested in this quality stand to contact Wayne at 502-558-1043 and tell him you seen his awesome stand here on the forum.

I let the pictured do the rest of the talking.

Last edited by pro-nra; 11-02-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:44 AM

More pics:

Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 AM

Without the scope, how much does it weigh?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:19 AM

How much did this stand cost?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:30 AM

I don't think I could afford one of these just the head on it sells for $89. I can only imagine what the rest of it cost.
It sure looks great but in my personal opinion it is an overkill.

As a retired mfg. eng. I will say that if you get one it will most likely last you the rest of your life and someone's else's too.
It looks to have had a great deal of thought put into it and all of the parts appear to be well made of good light material.

Jim

Last edited by bigbird; 11-02-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:48 AM

What would you say are the advantages over the "old" Ray-Vin stand ?

I own a Ray-Vin and have been extremely pleased with all aspects. The tapered "well drilling" threads on the 1" stainless post make it a breeze to keep tight, yet disassemble with ease. The three legs are similar to what you show, yet the Ray-Vin appears lighter without sacrificing any of the things you note. I also like the Ray-Vin scope mount, quite easy.

The above said, I was very disappointed to see how the Ray-Vin design changed when ownership went from Ray to Creedmoor. Ray's stand is well designed and made to last. It's a shame that is no longer available, IMO. I went to Creedmoore to buy a pole extension a few years back and learned they are no longer stainless steel. No sale, I went to a machine shop and had them make me an extension.

However, I agree, IMO, I have not seen a "good" stand currently available.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:13 AM

Nice but way more than I could ever use.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:28 AM

Looks really well made, but have one question since I've never used one. What is the purpose of the drop rod?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Curious on the price as well
Old 11-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Click on link gives you options, basic stand $295. Same price as a Giraud stand, which btw I have and love.......
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena....