Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Default Dean's Gun Restorations

Unfortunately, Dean died in mid October. He trained a young lady, Amanda Richardson and she does amazing work.

The rifle in the picture below has a stock that was ordered on October 28, 2015. Amanda got right down to work and the stock arrived here last week.

The fit is truly perfect. Everything just dropped in and in case anyone here has any doubts, I say, "don't". Don't have any doubts because DGR will ship their orders out in a timely way and there is no drop off in quality.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:33 PM

That has very nice coloring and lines to it. Sounds like Amanda knows M1 stocks!
FFL 03
Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM

Location: Indiana "...upon the east bank of Big Blue River..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTheCat View Post
Unfortunately, Dean died in mid October. He trained a young lady, Amanda Richardson and she does amazing work.

The rifle in the picture below has a stock that was ordered on October 28, 2015. Amanda got right down to work and the stock arrived here last week.

The fit is truly perfect. Everything just dropped in and in case anyone here has any doubts, I say, "don't". Don't have any doubts because DGR will ship their orders out in a timely way and there is no drop off in quality.

That's beautiful, Fluffy!!!

I am close to pulling the trigger on ordering a DGR stock myself, I've got a low mileage CMP SG HRA/LMR with a beautiful original finish on the metal; but, it came in one of those awful pumpkinwood stocks. I'm trying to decide what finish to request.

So, is that semi fancy, unstained with T1 finish? That's what I think I want.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:41 PM

That's what it is.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:01 PM

I have a DGR stock. It's a beautiful piece of wood.

I didn't order anything fancy, but what I got was very nice for its' grade.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:34 PM

I have an HRA with DGR stock. Fine piece of walnut, great fit with much eye appeal. Walnut has always been my favorite wood, going back to HS wood shop. Dean did mine about 3 years ago, sorry to hear of his passing. But what I've read numerous times is that Amanda is doing great work.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
That's beautiful, Fluffy!!!

I am close to pulling the trigger on ordering a DGR stock myself, I've got a low mileage CMP SG HRA/LMR with a beautiful original finish on the metal; but, it came in one of those awful pumpkinwood stocks. I'm trying to decide what finish to request.

So, is that semi fancy, unstained with T1 finish? That's what I think I want.
I placed my order last night with DGR. Merry Christmas to me!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:45 PM

Thank you Fluffy. I plan on buying from DGR next year. I'm glad the legacy will continue.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:20 PM

I just got a UPS ship notification. A 6 lb package just shipped this way from TN. I'm really excited.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:44 PM

I bought this M1 at the CMP South Store in April of 2011. It was the first of two rifles that I hand picked on my very first visit to the SS. Shortly after I bought the HRA, I fell on hard times and (...very stupidly) sold it to a buddy. I got the chance to buy it back a few months ago.

It is a 5.6 M with a 2-55 LMR barrel, SA bolt, op rod and trigger group. My buddy has a bad shoulder and shot it very little while in his possession. When I bought it, I don't think it had been fired much at all. The only negative aspect was that ugly, "pumpkinwood", birch stock.

I was going to refinish the stock. I did a bunch of research and actually had completed the removal of that orange, sprayed on stain/sealer. But, I realized even with the best results, it was still going to be a birch stock with walnut stain.

That's when I saw some fellas posting about DGR and decided to order the semi fancy, unstained walnut with the T1 finish.

So, here she is in her new furniture...ain't she pretty???

The poor lighting in my man cave doesn't really do it justice.

Last edited by TheJoker; 02-19-2016 at 08:59 AM.