Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2015, 09:56 PM

Default Redfield 75/Remington 513T info request

Quote:
You have posted, over the years, some pages from the 1941 Redfield catalog. Those pictures have since disappeared from the posts and I failed to save them. I wonder if you would be so kind as to forward them to me so that I may keep them for research. I am particularly interested in the sight bases that pertain to the Remington 513T.
I'm going to post the response on the forum. The problem is that I formerly used imageshack for photo sharing and they've priced themselves out of my market.

The same pages from the '52 catalog:

"Remember, the CMP employees seek to be enablers, not gatekeepers. so if you do your part they will try to take your money and get rid of some obsolete firearms to fulfil their stated mission." - CMP Poster Zvenoman
Old 12-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Thanks so much for the reply! I was in need of an image for the scope height base. Do you have any other information on these Redfield sights such as heights, base types etc.?
Old 12-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I was in need of an image for the scope height base.
See the line drawing in the lower left corner of both pics above. The 513T and Win 75 bases are identical except for spacing between the lower holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Do you have any other information on these Redfield sights such as heights, base types etc.?
AFAIK, all the scope height bases are about 1/2" higher. Not a lot of options.

There are also bases intended to be used with the large format Redfield sights:

"Remember, the CMP employees seek to be enablers, not gatekeepers. so if you do your part they will try to take your money and get rid of some obsolete firearms to fulfil their stated mission." - CMP Poster Zvenoman
Old 12-15-2015, 07:47 PM

Default sight bases

Bases for the Remington 513T are commonly posted on eBay and don't cost a lot; bases for the Winchester 75 are much rarer. Note that the bases I'm referring to are for the Redfield 75 receiver sight. And like the gentleman said, there are not lot of choices

As an alternative for the Winchester 75, you might consider a Lyman 57E. They attach to the receiver with no separate base needed, and they also show up on eBay regularly.

Good luck.