Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Buyer/Seller Feedback forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Default scammer alert - someone using my name "HIKERLT"

Scammer’s and Thieves make me furious….

I recently had a guy contact me via the gunboards.com forum message system , and also by email, asking me to confirm I was the same person contacting them, offering to sell them a rifle in response to their WTB post on the CMP forum.

The potential buyer did some research on gunboards, and saw that the email this seller was using is different from my email listed in my gunboards WTS listings and he got suspicious.

This scammer claimed to be me, using my “HikerLT” username, said they were not registered on the CMP forum but were listed on a different gun forum (gunboards.com) and provided a link to a positive feedback post on gunboards.com, for a sale I had done there.

So here we have some scammer trying to sell to someone on a different gun forum, using my gunboards.com username and referencing my positive feedback there, but using a different email address from my correct one as listed in my WTS postings.

SCAMMER ALERT

If someone claiming to be “HikerLT” contacts you and offers to sell you something, make sure that
Username HikerLT -> correct email address is “ Lthibeau@alum.wpi.edu

Do NOT do business with anyone using “HikerLT@outlook.com “ email address or anything different.

Feel free to contact me via the message system here ( I am registered here on the CMP forum, just don't come here often), or email me at my correct email address. I can supply the name and address of this scammer if you desire this.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ljagdtiger
Default Scammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerlt View Post
Scammer’s and Thieves make me furious….

I recently had a guy contact me via the gunboards.com forum message system , and also by email, asking me to confirm I was the same person contacting them, offering to sell them a rifle in response to their WTB post on the CMP forum.

The potential buyer did some research on gunboards, and saw that the email this seller was using is different from my email listed in my gunboards WTS listings and he got suspicious.

This scammer claimed to be me, using my “HikerLT” username, said they were not registered on the CMP forum but were listed on a different gun forum (gunboards.com) and provided a link to a positive feedback post on gunboards.com, for a sale I had done there.

So here we have some scammer trying to sell to someone on a different gun forum, using my gunboards.com username and referencing my positive feedback there, but using a different email address from my correct one as listed in my WTS postings.

SCAMMER ALERT

If someone claiming to be “HikerLT” contacts you and offers to sell you something, make sure that
Username HikerLT -> correct email address is “ Lthibeau@alum.wpi.edu

Do NOT do business with anyone using “HikerLT@outlook.com “ email address or anything different.

Feel free to contact me via the message system here ( I am registered here on the CMP forum, just don't come here often), or email me at my correct email address. I can supply the name and address of this scammer if you desire this.
Unfortunately you have to careful and be cautious with anyone wanting to sell or risk being defrauded.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:05 PM

Been going on a for a while, unfortunately.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=235327