Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2020, 09:54 PM

Default Could Frames Be Sold Individually

I have always wanted to get one of the CMP 1911's, but since no paperwork is being accepted, I was wondering if anyone knows if CMP is selling frames.

I have a 1926 slide loaded. I would really love to give this slide a home on an actual Colt. Currently it resides on top of a Norinco 1911.

Thanks to any and all that help with answers, flames, finger pointing or general name calling.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your assistance.

Ron Walsh
...Semper Fidelis...
Old 07-12-2020, 10:06 PM

No, they have not sold any frames or other parts.
Even though you missed out on the lottery you can still buy a 1911 via one of the CMP auctions. Then sell your Norinco.
Then you could get a Colt. With the lottery it was luck of the draw.

Last edited by Capt.Tom; 07-12-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:45 AM

The 1911s that CMP received were for the most part complete, rebuilt, issuable pistols, so I don't believe they would have frames or any other spare parts available for sale right now. They even pulled their inventory of magazines from the e-store when they found out they were getting the pistols so they'd have some to include. What you want is out there on the market---just not from CMP.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:50 AM

and not something common - you search gunbroker on a daily / weekly basis, you will find vintage frames, but much less common than say slides. When frames were destroyed, the parts were sometimes sold (police turn in, gov't destroy, etc)
Old 07-13-2020, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I picked up the Govt slide when I was looking for a replacement slide for an over polished Combat Commander (nickel). The price was really good and it included two sort of rare magazines. I have been checking GB for Colt receivers, and I have tried a couple of times to get one without it costing more than a new 1911 would go for. I do have to say that the Norc has been dead reliable for thousands of rounds (bought it in 95).
Old 07-13-2020, 11:41 AM

If they get a third shipment, I expect they will accept new packets as they will only need about 3,000 from that third shipment to finish filling the 2018 orders.

If there had not been a shut down due to the Wuhan Virus, I am sure that the second shipment would have already been sold out. We will see in a couple of months if there has been a third shipment.

GuapoPogi
Old 07-13-2020, 12:49 PM

I would bet that the next shipment won't need anywhere near 3000 to fill the remaining orders. Some have turned down the call to get their CMP 1911, some have moved and not kept the CMP updated on their phone and address, some never answered the call and some have returned their pistols to the CMP. It was much easier to fill out the forms and put a stamp on the envelope than to come up with the cash for some.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:41 PM

Watch some of the auction houses. I have had excellent luck with Carol Watson's Orange Coast Auction. Very honest operation and decent to deal with.

Tags
1911, frame, parts