Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 PM

Default New Order Timeline

Contacting CMP and asking where your order is at in line, after receiving a DBU letter, is one of the reasons why it takes the folks processing orders longer. Read the DBU letter, it states what you should/shouldn't do. Amazes me how many folks forget the part it takes 60-90 days. It's worth the wait. No need contacting CS only to realize 'ya didn't accomplish anything other than take the service rep away from actually "filling" an order. Do what 'ya want though.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofeets View Post
This was something that was cleared up in another thread last week - I think a lot of people (myself included) thought that the DBU meant that everything had already been checked out background-wise, but that's not actually the case. All the DBU means is "hey yeah, we have your order, it's in the queue."
Thanks for the info! I must have missed that thread, but I'm glad they addressed the confusion. I should be getting close now.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 PM

I believe the only person considering contacting CS is bgene. He sent his off in Jan but has not gotten the DBU yet.
Others said they sent theirs about the same time and got the DBU week of 2/5 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1deborah View Post
Contacting CMP and asking where your order is at in line, after receiving a DBU letter, is one of the reasons why it takes the folks processing orders longer. Read the DBU letter, it states what you should/shouldn't do. Amazes me how many folks forget the part it takes 60-90 days. It's worth the wait. No need contacting CS only to realize 'ya didn't accomplish anything other than take the service rep away from actually "filling" an order. Do what 'ya want though.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 PM

[QUOTE]I hope and pray you get your order filled in time to share those memories with your dad. I'd gladly swap places in line with you to see that happen (as I'm sure most here would also).[/QUOTE

Thank you much for you kindness. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Triumph; 03-11-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=Triumph;792112]
Quote:
I hope and pray you get your order filled in time to share those memories with your dad. I'd gladly swap places in line with you to see that happen (as I'm sure most here would also).[/QUOTE

ChrsGuit

I'm 48 years old. I did not have an easy life growing up but had a much easier than my Dad. My teenagers have never seen me get choked up. We were sitting around the fire tonight when I read your message. I lost it. All my teenagers came and gave me a hug. My Dad is a great man and never speaks of his hardships.

Thank you much for you kindness. It is greatly appreciated.
Me also. Maybe we could get something going in the Ask Orest forum...if you've received your DBU, then they have your order so it should be find-able...just pull it, and get it sent. I'll take a few day delay in getting my rifle to get you yours first.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1deborah View Post
What are you talkin about?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 PM

CMP received my packet Feb. 6th
DBU letter: Feb 15th
With a 60-90 days wait, just like the item description says, means that it could take until "May 15th" to have my SA SG Rifle shipped and CMP will still be within the stated time frame. My first/only order, took 4 months in '07
I will not contact/ "bother" CMP customer service unless it goes past the time frame CMP has posted, 60-90days. It would be wise to contact OREST, here on the forum, if an order is placed and NO DBU letter is acknowledged within 2-3weeks. Sometimes there are exceptions, other than just being worried/impatient, to contact CMP customer service. No news is 99% of the time "good" news with CMP. They will let someone know in a hurry if their order will not process. When a DBU letter arrives, all is well, unless of course the background check is failed. And then it's out of CMP's hands anyhow, it becomes a FBI issue. Applicant has to file appeal to FBI if there's a reason they are denied for "No reason". CMP will not contact FBI for applicant. Shouldn't have to either. Best wishes.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm57 View Post
I believe the only person considering contacting CS is bgene. He sent his off in Jan but has not gotten the DBU yet.
Others said they sent theirs about the same time and got the DBU week of 2/5 or so.
I sent my order for a SG SA and some Hornady ammo (first timer) on 1/22 and didn't receive anything through 3/5. I finally called CS, who said they needed to look through some "unopened mail" and finally emailed me on 3/8 that they received my packet on 2/22.

Not that it's directly relevant, but My CMP-affiliated club hasn't sent out our membership cards yet for 2013, so I had sent a copy of last year's card, noting that I am current for 2013. In their 3/8 email, CMP CS asked me to send a copy of my current card so they could process my order. I joined the GCA and faxed them a copy of that receipt in the hope that it will get the process moving until I get my new membership card.

I'm a bit concerned that their logging of my packet being "received" on 2/22 will adversely affect my claim on a SA Garand, since it is well after the announced cut-off. Hoping that my postmark of 1/22 will carry some weight. Will call them again tomorrow to confirm both club credentials and eligibility for the SA.

Moral of the story is, yes, don't bug them, but sometimes you really do need to pick up the phone to find out what's happening!

Last edited by 30Mauser; 03-10-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 PM

If I had an issue with my order, I would contact CMP customer service too. I would start here on the forum with OREST, and then go from there, but, almost every single time, OREST has the answer right here on forum, . I'm only speaking for myself about not contacting customer service, just because it's taking a while and I'm concerned, nervous, worried, impatient. Some folks, not saying anyone here, seem to forget about the 60-90 days the item description mentions. If it takes the full 90 days, it only means that you're probably getting the "best of the best". I truly wish anyone who is eligible, by CMP standards, to purchase a M1 Garand gets one. And plenty of ammo and accessories to go with it. I'm kinda partial to vets, no offense toward anyone who isn't, no offense at all, but being a veteran myself, I especially enjoy knowing other veterans are able to own a piece of U.S. history. And then, being able to pass the rifle on to loved ones as we pass on. Enjoy the shooting sports.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 AM

I remember when I sent my first order in for and SG SA several years back when the CMP still had the "old forum." I remember it took roughly 135 days to receive my rifle. Of course that was also when B.O. had just gotten elected and the orders were flying in at record rates. I couldn't think of anything but that rifle on a daily basis! Thankfully the black rifle craze has distracted people from buying M1's this time around.

I just sent in an order for an SG HRA last week. A couple of things I learned from the last time:

1. Send the packet with USPS tracking so that you know it made it.

2. Once you know the order arrived, just let it be and forget you ordered the darned thing at all.

Obviously extenuating circumstances would require extra attention, i.e. no DBU email, etc.

That being said, I look forward to my next Garand. Whenever that may be.......

50 positive iTrader ratings before iTrader was axed.

Tags
field grade springfield, service grade hra, service grade springfield