Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 AM

Default Update for CMP Android app released

This is a small update that adds two features requested by some users. First, an average score percentage is now displayed at the top of the match list. Second, you now have the ability to set a match's date to whatever you want (though it will still default to the current date).

Also, in case you were wondering how to edit a match's details, you do this by touching and holding on the match you want to edit (instead of just "clicking" it which of course brings up the strings for that match). I realize this "touch and hold" may not be obvious to some, and I'm planning on changing it to something more obvious in the future. Still, I get that question a lot, so I thought I'd post the answer on here in the meantime
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM

I have worked on a few android apps.
Touch and hold is normal part of how things work. Touch and hold is equivelant to right mouse click on a PC.

I'll have to check the app out!
Glad to see other android developers on these forums! Thanks for your work!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Is there some kind of standard visual that indicates that touch and hold does something to that control or is the user just expected to guess? (Just curious)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
Is there some kind of standard visual that indicates that touch and hold does something to that control or is the user just expected to guess? (Just curious)
All users should be aware of "long hold". This is the standard to bring up a context sensitive menu in all apps. It is the equivalent of right click with a mouse.

Same as the pinch to zoom in/out. Users should just be aware.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM

That wasn't really the question. Presumably not every single object/control on the screen has a context sensitive menu. How do you know as a user that this might be possible, or are you just supposed to hold on random parts of the screen and see if anything pops up or not?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Just got my first Android Phone (and will upgrade it to an ATC Thunderbolt as soon as it appears). Also have a Java manual on the way and Eclipse installed along with the JDK.

Really good to see that I am not the only nerd in here.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:42 AM

any plans for a windows phone app?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-mp View Post
any plans for a windows phone app?
None that I know of. The Android one came about because I saw the iPhone version, duplicated it on Android, and then contacted the developers of the iPhone version. Some industrious person could do the same with a windows version I suppose. My new focus is to add the ability to score any type of event that uses concentric ring targets (service rifle, bullseye pistol, etc) with a single app...more on that later
Old 02-25-2011, 02:12 PM

It would be nice to be able to store pics of targets. Obviously this would only work in walk & paste matches. Another function I thought would be good is to be able to walk up to a target and snap a picture then have the phone score it for you! I've seen many shooters that struggle with scoring.

Another thought would be a match directors app. Something to keep track of scores, relays, ID shooters that made cut scores.... etc. Then have the ability to transmit the data to the CMP for official score/match reporting.

I'm an IT guy but steer very clear of programming.

16 down / 14 to go!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
It would be nice to be able to store pics of targets. Obviously this would only work in walk & paste matches.
I know that idea has come up and doesn't seem that hard to implement.

Quote:
Another function I thought would be good is to be able to walk up to a target and snap a picture then have the phone score it for you! I've seen many shooters that struggle with scoring.
This idea came up too but I think it was dismissed due to the fact that you'd end up having to verify the scores yourself anyways due to the possibility of them being incorrect (poor quality of most camera phones, incorrectly scoring shots that barely break a higher ring, numerous other factors).

Quote:
Another thought would be a match directors app. Something to keep track of scores, relays, ID shooters that made cut scores.... etc. Then have the ability to transmit the data to the CMP for official score/match reporting.
That's not a bad idea, but I have no clue about what goes into directing a match. Also, the market for an individual scoring app is already quite small (believe me )...I'm not sure how much sense it makes to create a much more complicated app for the even smaller market that match directors comprise.