Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Default Sheridan Silver Streak 5mm

Recently picked up a nice older thumb safety Silver Streak pump and was wondering how hard it is to replace the seals?

I see they sell kits for about $30 but don't include instructions...... or the other option is to send it out for about $100.

Also...does anyone know of a air gun smith around Southeastern Wisconsin?

thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 12:31 PM

I've had my Silver Streak since I was a kid and it now won't pump up and hold it's air charge either. If it's not too much trouble can you let me know where you found those kits to replace the seals? Who did you find that will work on them? I don't know of any air gunsmiths.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:41 PM

The kit is here
http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-a-624.html

And a repair shop is here

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Pump_Ai...it-install.htm

There are repair shops on both coasts and a few in the middle..just google it..but none driving distance for me.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM

I have "kitted" a few old air rifles both .17 and .22. You can find schematics on-line and "figure" out disassembly from there.

Gunny
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM

send the rifle to Tim MacMurray at MAC1 Airguns. http://www.mac1airgunstore.com/

I don't think Tim would charge more than about 50 bucks.

while it is there, have him do his STEROID treatment to it (increases power and durability substantially) .

Store Phone # (310) 327-3581
Email us: mac1airgun@gmail.com
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM

Hugh, thanks for the info. My Blue Streak Sheridan is still going strong but it's nice to know someone can keep it going.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Try searching Sheridan on the net, I found an authorized repair site within 25 miles of my home. Think it cost about $30 for parts and labor.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9905 View Post
Hugh, thanks for the info. My Blue Streak Sheridan is still going strong but it's nice to know someone can keep it going.
I don't take my Steroid Streak (old rocker safety model) out much, but MAN is it the BOMB. Instead of a max (safe amount) of 10 pumps, you can pump a Steroid to 13 or 14 and it delivers around 18 foot pounds of energy (and sounds like a .22 going off). I usually just pump it up to 4 pumps (which is like 6 pumps on a non-steroid). I put on a Williams peep sight (a scope is a nuisance on a pump). VERY (very) accurate. Most people forget to LEAVE 2-3 Pumps of pressure IN THE RIFLE whenever you store it. This keeps the seals from drying out. Tim is a good guy, does some amazing stuff with airguns, esp. C02 and PCP.