Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 PM

Default 513-T Trigger Adjustment Help

Is there info on how to adjust the trigger on a 513-T somewhere online?

Mine breaks at a consistent 3.5 lbs but I have read that some people have theirs in the 2 lb range. If I can't adjust it myself, is there a Remington trigger guru that can work some magic on this thing??
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 PM

This might not tell you everything you need to know about 513T trigger adjustment but it is a start. this info is from TM9-280 caliber .22 rifles 1944 manual. (ref: page 51)

e. Trigger Mechanism Group. The trigger mechanism group in** cludes the trigger, sear, trigger take-up spring, trigger spring plunger, trigger spring, and trigger cushion spring group (fig. 50). The trigger is pivoted on a pin which is pressed through the side of the receiver. The back of the sear is installed on the front end of the trigger by means of a pin. The front of the sear is mounted on the sear pivot screw. This permits the sear to pivot on the forward end of the trigger when the trigger is pulled. The upper portion of the sear extends into the receiver well where it can engage with the sear notch in the firing pin. A trigger spring and trigger spring plunger are located in the trigger heel. (A trigger take-up spring in bottom of trigger gives tension between trigger and sear.) This plunger contacts the safety lock mounted in the right wall of the receiver and the plunger spring puts a tension on the trigger. A trigger cushion spring is mounted on the bottom of the receiver by means of a screw. Screws in both ends of this spring engage the trigger and sear and may be adjusted to secure any desired trigger pull.

NOTE: In rifles of early manufacture, the trigger cushion spring group is composed of a cylindrical housing which is screwed into the receiver and locked in place by a lock nut. Within the housing is assembled a plunger, spring, and retaining screw. Adjustment is obtained by means of the retaining screw.

Jim
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 PM

Thank you. I'll give it a try tomorrow. I used to speak "Military" years ago so I should be OK..
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 AM

Yeah, I used to speak Military too, a very long time ago.

The info I gave you, can be accessed by going to this web site: http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/wwIItms/TM9_280_1944.pdf

It will show you the picture of the trigger group so that you can better understand what it is talking about.

Jim
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Got it. I tried the adjustment instructions and was able to reduce the pull to just a hair over 3 lbs. It helps but I would like it lower. But, its not a benchrest rifle so I will shoot it a while and I'll probably get accustomed to it.

Thanks for your help, bigbird.

Hank
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC4thee View Post
Got it. I tried the adjustment instructions and was able to reduce the pull to just a hair over 3 lbs. It helps but I would like it lower. But, its not a benchrest rifle so I will shoot it a while and I'll probably get accustomed to it.

Thanks for your help, bigbird.

Hank
Hank,
You are welcome but I got this info from abarsrecon who first posted the website earlier.

Jim
Old 12-02-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post

NOTE: In rifles of early manufacture, the trigger cushion spring group is composed of a cylindrical housing which is screwed into the receiver and locked in place by a lock nut. Within the housing is assembled a plunger, spring, and retaining screw. Adjustment is obtained by means of the retaining screw.

Jim
Based on this information and the problem mentioned in my previous post:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=60943

I believe I am missing this retaining screw!