Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Default Questions about first trip to the North Store

Before I venture out the the North Store for the first time I have a few nagging questions that could use some answers.
First and foremost I have a question about the marksmanship activity qualification. I have an old signed CMP Camp Riflery safety course certificate as well as a CMP "Camp Skill Awards" marksmanship medal that I am hoping will satisfy the marksmanship activity requirement. Will these work?
I was told that the North store has TE/MW gauges that you can borrow when you are there as well as GCA (or some other qualifying organization) applications you can fill out in order to qualify for the membership requirement. Is this correct?
I also heard that there will be price increases for 2012 and I was wondering when (if at all) they will go into effect and the corresponding prices for a Field Grade Garand (I had hoped to buy a Service Grade before they were gone but no such luck.)
Thanks for the help in advance. Hopefully I can finally acquire a nice piece
of history that has been missing from my collection for far too long.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM

They will loan you a muzzle gauge at the store. T/E will be checked at the counter. The sales page is now showing SA and HRA Service Grades available for the slightly higher price of $625. They may be available at the store. You can apply for membership to the GCA while you are at the store. Best to give them a call first to check on what is available and also to check on what satisfies the marksmanship requirement. And don't forget to bring plenty of cash.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM

I'm planning a trip now in March.

Everyone says bring lots of cash. Aren't credit cards accepted in store?

Since I've already purchased through the mail, should I take my supporting documents with me? Or will my customer number be enough?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:52 PM

cash and/or credit cards work (as long as you haven't overshot any limit ha, ha). The "plenty of cash" reference refers to the fact that many end up buying a lot more than they anticipated when their boots hit the store deck.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM

My customer number should be fine as well, no?

Wait I have to pay the credit cards back?!? lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:09 AM

Boy scouts motto...Bring everything..My Motto...Before leaving for the Store set the money aside either in your account or however you choose and don't exceed that limit. It's easy to do. Like turning the fat kid loose in Willy's Chocolate Factory...Most of all, enjoy the first time. I still remember every second of it.
PS-If ya aren't going til March, Get everything done in advance (GCA Membership ETC) That way ya just walk in the door, toss your driver's license to one of the smilin men behind the counter in exchange for a gauge, and start buyin.

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer

Last edited by GarandGrabber; 01-04-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:49 AM

Default You guys are 'killin' me!

I'm Leaving here to take the 'boss' on the obligitory week or two in Florida and I know by the time I get home and get to the North store. All I'm going to find are the scrounged over barrels and recievers? :-( I have kept promising myself that I was going to stick solidly to the .22 craving that I have developed and leave the rest alone. But those "G'S" are looking and sounding really GOOOOD! [I may have to let a couple of my hunting rifles go just to feed this madness!
Hopefully I'll be back home in time for the 'sight feeding frenzie'!
I may try to talk the boss into takin an extra day on the way home and detour by way of Anniston to avoid the horrible weather in the mountains!!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:03 AM

yer killin me smal's!!! Lets pass the hat and get 'em a new keyboard. What do ya say fellas?!?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy_Mariner View Post
yer killin me smal's!!! Lets pass the hat and get 'em a new keyboard. What do ya say fellas?!?
Seriously! I see 'smal' and have to skip his response
Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but am I correct in assuming that with personal ID and a previously used customer number, you don't have to carry ALL of the ID & qualifying info the next time around for onsite purchases? I hope to make my next trip this Summer between Match weeks.

Froggie