Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 AM

Default Chiappa/Citadel Model M1-22

Owners and potential buyers should be aware of a number of issues this carbine has.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_chiappa.html
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Wow, good to know, thanks. I had hopes these would actually be as nice as they were advertised to be, I guess its not to be.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Looks like an imported hunk of doo-doo.

Hiller.......
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Kinda of a neat concept but they missed the mark. I thought the funniest line from the webpage was "the design is such that the rear sight may remove itself".
Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM

I had hoped for better also.

If there is enough pressure from the gun community and Chiappa realizes it's worth getting it right, maybe we'll see this one change.

In the meantime, i suspect a couple people out there in the firearms manufacturing community might get their eyes open to the possibilities from looking at this chiappa M1-22. think; Garand, M14, BAR, M3 Grease Gun ....

Screwing up on this M1 isn't going to give Chiappa a bright future.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Think MKS or Hi-Point combined with Dayton, Ohio and you will probably understand.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:41 AM

Default Understanding

The best discipline is self discipline. The best control is self control. If these companies fail to self discipline or self control when it's definitely needed, you and I end up with it going into the courts, the anti-gun media, the anti-gun crowd, and ultimately the anti-gun politicians who punish who?

What recourse do we have to keep this from happening?

Many of the people who have bought these M1-22's are trying to repair them on their own due to Chiappa's failure to act on their warranty. What they are repairing them with is non-metric parts not intended for use on this gun. when something unexpected goes boom and hurts someone, Chiappa will have plausible deniability.

If you know someone who has one of these and has the safety issues, have them write 1 letter to the head office of the retailer who sold it to them, warning them of a safety issue not being addressed by the manufacturer or corrected on the gun they sold and that should they decide to sell these it may come back to haunt them when eventually the product liability lawsuit hits when one of these injures someone. Make copies of the letter and send it to Legacy Sports and Chiappa in Ohio.

If they get 2 letters, the reaction is predictable. If they get 200 letters ....
Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 PM

Default Citadel Carbine

Yikes! Buddy of mine bought one of these a couple of months ago. He has not shot it yet. He was waiting for our camping trip in early May. Not sure if he is aware of this issue or not. I forwarded the link to him. Thanks for posting

Jeff
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM

From what I've read the company makes a decent 1911/22 pistol so I would think they would do what is necessary to make this carbine right.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
From what I've read the company makes a decent 1911/22 pistol so I would think they would do what is necessary to make this carbine right.
actually I own their 1911/22 and no longer shoot it. It jammed constantly when I bought it and had to send it back for repair, which they did do, only they kept the magazi8ne so I had to wait for it. The magazine is cheap plastic. I am not impressed with the quality. Bought a Sig 1911/22 and shoot it constantly.