Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Default International Harvester Collector Grade Value

What is the market value for a CMP Collector Grade International Harvester, US Return, 2004? 90-95% Condition. New Gauging Barrel. Last CMP auction went for $5917 in 2008, but today's value is the question.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 PM

I saw a really nice correct IHC purchased a few months ago for $2800. It wasn't papered collectors grade.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Don't expect to come anywhere close to what a CMP auction brings.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:41 PM

I assume you might be asking because of this auction?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=292476493

In my opinion, no regular IHC/IHC rifle, CMP papered or not, is worth what this one is going for right now. Is it original? Perhaps, but the seller's expectations are totally out of line with the marketplace. Its at $2800 and hasn't even hit the reserve price yet! If it was a Gap Letter, Arrowhead, SA/IHC, or HRA/IHC, I'd expect it to go for this much or more, but not a regular, run of the mill, IHC rifle.

I have the feeling this one will be relisted with a lower price, as its currently priced out of the market.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbman View Post
I assume you might be asking because of this auction?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=292476493

In my opinion, no regular IHC/IHC rifle, CMP papered or not, is worth what this one is going for right now. Is it original? Perhaps, but the seller's expectations are totally out of line with the marketplace. Its at $2800 and hasn't even hit the reserve price yet! If it was a Gap Letter, Arrowhead, SA/IHC, or HRA/IHC, I'd expect it to go for this much or more, but not a regular, run of the mill, IHC rifle.

I have the feeling this one will be relisted with a lower price, as its currently priced out of the market.
That gunbroker auction is actually Tenpointer's rifle. Compare it to here (same serial number): http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=80942 I wonder if the buyer followed through, and what the final price was.

The entertaining part, is that Tenpointer initially offered the rifle for $5200!!!
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=76747

The guy cannot get $5K+ here, then offers it on Gunbroker.... then when it doesn't sell there, he comes back here again. Fishing for a sucker............

Last edited by pro2; 07-23-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM

I suppose this might help set a market.

http://cmpauction.odcmp.com/detail.a...ade-SN-5192087
80+ Positive feedbacks before the system went away.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJon View Post
I suppose this might help set a market.

http://cmpauction.odcmp.com/detail.a...ade-SN-5192087
CMP auction prices are high, compared to the comparable market.... I do admit, CMPs sell some amazing rifles on these auctions (and a few not so impressive). I wish I could hang!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM

I bought one last summer from a fellow CMP'er (thanks Lew) that was 99% "correct" and only gave $1700 for it if that helps you out any. I have since traded the stock and bolt and added the Weatherhead/IHC elevation knob to make it a 99.5% "correct" rifle. Did it have paperwork? No. Do I care? No because I buy my toys to play with, NOT for speculation.
Jon

Last edited by musketjon; 07-24-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenpointer View Post
What is the market value for a CMP Collector Grade International Harvester, US Return, 2004? 90-95% Condition. New Gauging Barrel. Last CMP auction went for $5917 in 2008, but today's value is the question.
There are many variables when it comes to IHC's. You did'nt say what you have so an older CMP collector grade 90-95% condition could be worth anywhere from $1800 to maybe $4k. You will never fetch what the CMP does in their auctions, unless someone with deep pockets wants it real bad.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 PM

I was going to post this comment earlier, but hesitated. just and FYI at the Rock Island Auction last (BTW if you search comments on the auction on this site you will find that most think it to be high and over priced). Well they sold 2 IHC's one an Arrowhead and the other an Gap Letter (I believe). Anyway both were sold by CMP as Auction items W/CMP certificates to the original buyer (they liquidated his collection, may have been an estate)(also the Arrowhead cert from back in the mid 90's actually said "Auction" on it and included the CMP data sheet) Both sold for less than the auction price even w/ CMP certs. I actually bid on 3 IHC's at that auction w/certs from the same collection and each time I was one increment below the winning bid (getting better at pricing). The IHC's are documented and can be looked up on the auction history

I have also bought at CMP auction a few times and now believe that even i paid to much for a comparable item.