Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 AM

Default Windy City Sourcing

Anyone know what the deal is with Windy City and their kits? Their site says 'temporarily out of stock' on everything and no one responds to phone or email.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 AM

I have purchased a parts kit from Mike at WCS just a month or so ago. The repark looks awesome it looks brand new and it came wrapped really nice. I cant wait to get it built! I also got mags from him at the same time for a great price. I would give him a few days to respond to your emails. I will definitely buy from WCS again.
E
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 AM

I really hope it's temporary....keeping my fingers crossed here.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 AM

Yeah, it's like that all over. Everyone is buying anything they can. Send a thank you note to Obama <sarcasm>
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 AM

As far as the G.I. parts kits go, it was inevitable. Being only so many available, it was a simple matter of time before they were depleted everywhere. As soon as Randy at Treeline is out, and guys like Claude at RA parts, we are all going to be living in a world of collector item G.I. parts for the M14, with prices to match.

If you want some idea of how important this all is, measure an SAI barrel band for thickness, then measure a G.I. barrel band. Not only that, but all the small parts are inferior in the commercial world today. I documented 11 differences in the geometry of commercial extractors as compared to G.I.
That is almost every cut, turn, and facing on the dang things.....tis a sad day for this country.....and every time I think of it, I have nightmares of billy chrunching thousands of our beloved rifles.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM

He's dried up. I talked to him last week or so. He has nothing. I have 16 more builds planned and then I'm done. I won't build with commercial parts or sub-par quality USGI parts either. The final rifle is just too expensive to not have it turn out immaculate.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM

I called on Thursday, 01/24, and spoke with Mike to order 30 rd M-1 carbine magazines. He indicated he was about tapped out of the 30 round mags and had sold around 7,000 in the last 30 days. I think he will be out of stock on some items for a while.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM

I bet he's tired of shipping

He packs stuff up real well too.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM

I ordered a kit from him on Jan 8 and got it about a week later. Great kit. When talking with him, he was down to the last of his kits and did not have the bolt parts. I am sure he will be back when he re-stocks.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM

Any other suggestions on kits? Treeline is out, too.