CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

llano52 05-09-2021 12:53 AM

The same reason as xing out serial numbers. Cant take the risk of the FBI, NSA, CIA, SVR(KGB), BATFE, or curious wives and nosy neighbors discovering their number. Hence the availability of tinfoil hats and home xray sheathing. Can't be too careful.

jeeperbob 05-10-2021 09:58 AM

I thought this was supposed to be about the latest numbers being contacted so we can get an idea how close weíre getting to being called. It looks more like complaining about why some donít like the number they got. Do we need to start yet another topic to get back to what we all want to know which is what number is processing now?

Shomway 05-10-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperbob (Post 2043877)
I thought this was supposed to be about the latest numbers being contacted so we can get an idea how close weíre getting to being called. It looks more like complaining about why some donít like the number they got. Do we need to start yet another topic to get back to what we all want to know which is what number is processing now?

Think the timeline might be a better source to follow the latest number being contacted. No need for another thread....
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....274428&page=43

catrider64 05-10-2021 01:21 PM

Just got the call

I just got a call from Allie and I was offered all 3 grades and I chose Service Grade. My RGN was 21275.

G36shooter 05-10-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catrider64 (Post 2043940)
I just got a call from Allie and I was offered all 3 grades and I chose Service Grade. My RGN was 21275.

Allie is the woman who called me on 5/6, I chose a SG and received a beautiful Remington Rand vintage 2/Ď45 . Hope you are as lucky as I was.

Old SGM 05-10-2021 07:55 PM

My Kitchen 6 received a all from Ali today, her RGN is21,293.

Old SGM

sirgknight 05-10-2021 10:18 PM

Sent packet in around 3/15'ish. No idea when received. Got email on 5/5 a little after 2pm. RGN # 27xxx. Didn't expect to hear anything this soon. I'm simply very pleased to be part of the 1911 picture. The folks at CMP have their hands full, as I have read some of the crazy scenarios they have to deal with on a daily basis. They knew the 1911 program was going to take a tremendous effort to execute to insure that all of the rules would be strictly followed. I have no idea when the next contact will come, and don't really care. I am thankful for the effort that everyone at the CMP is giving to faithfully execute a very difficult mission, just to make us happy.....and through a PANDEMIC no less. I salute each of them for a job well done and probably not recognized enough. POPPIN' SMOKE, CLEARED HOT....I'M OUT.

Steve-OH 05-11-2021 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-OH View Post
I appreciate the data you share. I find it interesting. Idk how accurate it is. I guess we'll find out one of these days. It's fun to follow either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane (Post 2044108)
It was a accurate as I had recorded as of this morning. I have since review all the 425 post on the 1911 Order Thread Round 2 and added the new information to the data I have.

When you only dealing with about 6% of the total data, the margin of error can be rather large.

I should have worded that differently. Sometimes my ability to comprehend numbers gets way out of whack. Long term side effects of Chemo/Radiation treatments suck.

GlennS87 05-11-2021 01:51 PM

RGN received today

I reached out earlier today to the 1911RGN e-mail address and they just responded with my number which is 29,812.

rickomatic 05-11-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennS87 (Post 2044218)
I reached out earlier today to the 1911RGN e-mail address and they just responded with my number which is 29,812.

I thought we were supposed to wait until August to inquire if we hadnít gotten an RGN. I inquired via email on May 1 (the first date given) and was told to be patient as they were still sending them out.
Iím confused. Should I email them again? Mixed signals are not helping.