CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

DP68 05-19-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grunt Doc (Post 2046468)

400 Club member #1
:GS:

With COVID restrictions lifting and things getting somewhat back to normal I have a bunch of international business travel likely to touch off in Q3, just hoping us 400 club members (I'll refer to myself as a plankowner of the Club), get the email or phone call before then with our RGN's.

Splashmonster18 05-19-2021 12:28 PM

My RGN is 26199. I am guessing that I'll get a call on or about 23 September,

spoke with my FFL yesterday, he handled a round 1 pistol last fall. His license should be on file.

Looking forward to reading posts all summer

0352 05-19-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splashmonster18 (Post 2046556)
My RGN is 26199. I am guessing that I'll get a call on or about 23 September,

spoke with my FFL yesterday, he handled a round 1 pistol last fall. His license should be on file.

Looking forward to reading posts all summer

Just make sure your FFL copy on file at CMP didn't/doesn't expire before you get the call. My FFL dealer was still on file from Rd 1.

swifty 05-19-2021 03:42 PM

I never got an email with an RGN. My wife also applied and used the same email address and she got her RGN at that email address, so I was beginning to think I wasn't even a member of the 400 club, but rather a member of "The Post Office didn't deliver my application" club. I used regular mail, so had no evidence of my application being delivered.

However, I got the call this afternoon asking which grade of pistol I wanted. I went with Service grade.

So, here is further evidence for folks in the 400 club to maintain hope. :)

Oh, and my RGN turned out to have been 21681.

rickomatic 05-19-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swifty (Post 2046636)
I never got an email with an RGN. My wife also applied and used the same email address and she got her RGN at that email address, so I was beginning to think I wasn't even a member of the 400 club, but rather a member of "The Post Office didn't deliver my application" club. I used regular mail, so had no evidence of my application being delivered.

However, I got the call this afternoon asking which grade of pistol I wanted. I went with Service grade.

So, here is further evidence for folks in the 400 club to maintain hope. :)

Glad Iím not the only one questioning whether or not my app was even delivered despite handing it off at the Post Office counter for verify postage. Hopefully Iíll get the same end result that you did.

tubadude 05-25-2021 04:17 PM

Iím 21797. Iíve been seeing some people with higher numbers get contacted. Hopefully everything is ok! Starting to get nervous...

carrguy1 05-25-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubadude (Post 2048289)
Iím 21797. Iíve been seeing some people with higher numbers get contacted. Hopefully everything is ok! Starting to get nervous...

Nothing to be nervous about. There have been several discussions on how they handle orders, different employees working through different stacks of orders. Youíre only 17 past me and I was just contacted today. Someone that was 60 or 80 past me posted that they were contacted last Wednesday I think. Youíll be fine.

thunderace4 05-26-2021 07:54 PM

RGN 22013, got the call today and was offered Rack grade and Field grade. I chose field. Definie Scott was very nice and even congratulated me on getting my piece of history. It took less than 5 minutes. My ffl was not on file and a follow up email fixed that. I cant wait to see what I receive.
**Received a Colt frame and Ithaca slide. Very nice piece. I am very happy.

Kramerica 05-26-2021 11:01 PM

My RNG is 29886

At the rate they are going and assuming they can keep up this pace, I'm guessing I'll get a call on Nov 11, 2021.

It appears from recent posts that they only have rack and field grade pistols in stock. I'm hoping they will get some more service grades in when they get to me. If not I'll be happy with whatever piece of history I can get!

terry_b 05-27-2021 05:29 PM

I'd guess they work on batches of pistols and when they open up and process the next crate there will be more SG's. on the plus side, when they get to me(23024) if they only have one or 2 grades it will make deciding that much easier!