CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

Gunney3042 10-27-2021 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortress194@yahoo.com (Post 2086404)
FYI

My RGN was 25856 and I was contacted yesterday 10-21-21. Only offered a Rack...somewhat disappointed. Lets see what condition of pistol I receive.

My RGN was 25685 and I was contacted 10-25-21. Only offered RACK and also somewhat disappointed. Will advise once received

fortress194@yahoo.com 10-27-2021 06:54 AM

Gunny3042
My pistol was in pretty good condition but had a light coat of rust on it. I have tried several different methods to remove the rust but have failed. The rust really bothers me and I am debating on having it parkerized again. For a rack pistol it is not beat to hell just has that light coat of orange that really irritates me. Hope you have better luck.

Space Duck 10-28-2021 10:30 AM

I was browsing through the Round 2 Order Thread and couldn't help but notice the Service, Field, and Rack availability variations on the same "Date Contacted'. On thread page 71, for example, on 10-18-21 one member was contacted and offered all three variations, whereas another member contacted the same date was offered only Rack. How is that?

mrerick 10-28-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortress194@yahoo.com (Post 2087610)
Gunny3042
My pistol was in pretty good condition but had a light coat of rust on it. I have tried several different methods to remove the rust but have failed. The rust really bothers me and I am debating on having it parkerized again. For a rack pistol it is not beat to hell just has that light coat of orange that really irritates me. Hope you have better luck.

If it is iron oxide (rust), you should be able to remove active oxidation by using a well oiled tuft of steel wool on a well oiled blued surface.

Don't rub too hard or you'll gall the metal and damage the bluing. The rust form of iron oxide is softer than both steel and magnetite (the blued form of iron oxide) and it should come off.

Note that it's normal to see some red deep in the blued finish of an older firearm.

Prepper_Pig 10-28-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Gunny3042

You might want to look into electrolysis to see if it is applicable for your situation. It's a very simple and quick process you can do at home. As the other person mentioned above some oil and 0000 steel wool can do amazing things. I've also used the chemical Evapo-Rust with very good results.

I'd try any of those first before re-parkerizing it.

valeo29 10-30-2021 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane (Post 2088090)
The follow analyses is based on theory the CMP1911 is sell pistols as they are receiving them.

According to the Rand report, pg. 127, there were 98,016 pistols available including the initial 8,000 sent in FY 2018. If the CMP1911 took the highest Condition Codes first, then Round 1 would have ended with the Condition Code F pistols.

The greatest number of pistols were "Condition Code F pistols- Unserviceable: Repairable". There are only 2 Codes lower than Code F. There were 75,755 pistols in Code F. Code F was 77.3% of all pistols mentioned in the Rand report. It appears that over 70,000 of the Code F pistols would have been left after Round 1.

It appears that all of the Round 2 pistols are coming from the Code F. I expect that the pistols currently being shipped should last through Round 2 and for a while after that.

There were 14 Code G - Incomplete pistols and 8,588 Code H - Condemned pistols.

So do you think at 29,5XX I might actually get one? In another year?

valeo29 10-30-2021 12:40 PM

Thanks for the reply, So how high does the numbers go?

Gunney3042 11-02-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Gunny3042

My pistol was much better than expected, Colt Slide and RR frame, no rust. I'm happy and I'll try and post some photos but I'm having no luck with uploading them.

swifty 11-03-2021 09:33 AM

Wife just got the call

My wife just got the call for her pistol this morning. All three grades were available, she selected service grade. Will be sent out today. Her RNG was 26161.

Wolf1944 11-03-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swifty (Post 2089174)
My wife just got the call for her pistol this morning. All three grades were available, she selected service grade. Will be sent out today. Her RNG was 26161.

Seeing posts like this get me so excited. I'm 26,230 and I can't wait to get the call or e-mail. It feels like the day before Christmas. The fact that your wife got offered all three grades is good, but I'll still be happy even if all I can have is a rack grade. All grades have been looking really good so far.