CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

sirgknight 12-23-2021 05:36 PM

Rng #

My RNG is 27xxx and received email today. Hope to make contact soon.

Milsurpmaniac 12-23-2021 10:23 PM

got my call

never got an RGN...or the email went to junk. but got my call yesterday!

I forgot about my 1911 application..been busy with life and work. But I ordered a RACK GRADE. Excited to get it in!

Wakko 12-27-2021 10:05 PM

Christmas again!

sirgknight 12-28-2021 07:38 PM

call came today

Ordered the Field grade and should arrive 1/4. Thanks to the CMP for such a wonderful opportunity. I hope we never lose this RIGHT!

BillinCSprings 12-28-2021 09:49 PM

Got my call today while waiting in the gondola line at Breckenridge ski resort. Had to juggle skis, poles, cell phone, and credit card. Was offered field and rack - selected field. Then went on to have a good day skiing.

Yep, today was a good day 😊

Phillies 12-29-2021 08:59 AM

I'm more jealous you are in Breck than you getting your phone call ! Nice place to be to get a CMP call :)

cmp1911admin 12-30-2021 08:51 AM

1911 program

SPACE DUCK,
You are more than welcome to return your 1911 for a full refund. As it is CLEARLY stated on our webpage and in the instructions: The CMP 1911 customers will select their grade of pistol (Service, Field or Rack) from available inventory at the time of order notification. Customers with higher numbers may have fewer grades from which to choose. As we have repeatedly stated / posted, the grades available changes by the minute. Unlike the Rifle program, we do not build the 1911's into the different grades. They are inspected, test fired and graded as they are received from the Army.. This has been the case in Round 1 as well as Round 2. If we went with your idea of letting a person order a specific grade, what happens if we never receive that grade again? We would still be in Round 1 if this was the case. Again as has been stated numerous time, during the first round, we asked the Army to send all the Condition Code "A" they could. The majority of what is left are Condition Code "F". If you had wanted a Collector 1911, then you should have gone the Auction route. Yes this program was very much anticipated, but protracted? no, it was well publicized that this would be a lengthy process and as to being expensive, we used the "Blue Book of Gun Value" as a guide to pricing and we are well below their list price for a 1911. Are their 1911's out that that cost less? Yes there are, Are there 1911's out there that cost more? Yes there are. But do they come with the warranty / customer service that CMP 1911 offer, NO, they do not. Everyone thinks this process is a "Lottery", it is not, the RGN number is just your place in line to be contacted. A lot of customers are expecting a 100% correct 1911 which the majority of these pistols are not, they are mix-masters. Yes they have been some that appear to be correct but they are the exception to the rule. As stated, you are more than welcome to return your 1911 and we are more than happy to refund your money.

W4TL 12-30-2021 11:06 AM

I received my 1911 on round 1 and was perfectly happy with what I got. I expected a mix-master and that was what I got. I basically was looking for a piece of history that I could cherish. The CMP is doing an excellent job administering the distribution of the 1911ís. Individuals just have to wait patiently for their RGN to get to the top of the stack. My wife is anxiously awaiting the call/email, her RGN is 280xx, so she should be contacted shortly. My hat is off to all CMP employees for the great job they are doing.

precision40 01-02-2022 04:03 PM

Guys this is the RGN discussion thread. If you have feedback for how you think the CMP should conduct their business, please contact them directly. I'm sure they will welcome your input. However, this is not the place for that.

pickax 01-02-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane (Post 2100414)
This week, Round 2 hit the half way point on contacts. The highest number reported is 35,131 so that makes 15,131 packets. The half way Random number is 27,566 (rounded up).

https://i.imgur.com/Ya0GXsl.jpg

177 business day have elapsed so far. If the current contact rate holds true. Round 2 should be done around Labor Day Sep. 5, 2022 or about 17 months from the start of contacts on 7 Apr. 2021.

The current average contact rate is 42 per day and 870 per month.

Fenris, I truly appreciate your forecast chart. Why is February missing?
This is somewhat close to my RGN(29839) so thought I'd ask.