CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   National Matches - Camp Perry (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2021 National Matches are a GO! (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=278400)

rubicon762 03-10-2021 10:36 AM

2021 National Matches are a GO!

https://thecmp.org/the-update-youve-...ional-matches/

OldDoggy 03-15-2021 07:37 PM

Great news!

mnhusker 03-23-2021 02:13 PM

Hold on, at this time last year, the matches were "still on".

They cancelled them just as registration was opening.

Covid is still out there, the "assault weapons bill" is threatening, so I will believe that we will have Camp Perry when July rolls around and the Matches are still on.

:(.

All the best.

mw30cal 03-23-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhusker (Post 2028278)
Hold on, at this time last year, the matches were "still on".

They cancelled them just as registration was opening.

Covid is still out there, the "assault weapons bill" is threatening, so I will believe that we will have Camp Perry when July rolls around and the Matches are still on.

:(.

All the best.

BUZZ-KILL statement.

SeeEmPee 04-11-2021 09:40 AM

Does anyone know how 'tent camping' works at the national matches?

This will be my first year attending (was SUPPOSED to be last year, but we all know what happened there).

It says you get a 200sq ft area and are allowed up to 2 tents, but is there parking available nearby? can you park in your tent area and 'car camp?' I have a small van that would look funny in a full RV site, but would fit in the tent area if allowed to.

Worse comes to worst, I could just park my van somewhere close by if allowed (to keep my firearms secure) and then set up a tent in the reserved area (if i get one).

Would it be better to try and stay in the barracks instead?

Do people typically leave all their rifles/equipment in their barracks while they're shooting a match?

Are the tent sites/barracks/parking close enough to the range to walk there with all the equipment necessary to shoot (in a wagon or cart)?

Lots of questions, I know...but I couldn't really find any information/pictures on specifics...just the rates and reservation dates.

Thanks in advance!

wckz45 04-11-2021 01:23 PM

Tent area is a grassy lot adjacent to the RV park (parking nearby). If you look on Google Earth, it is the field just south of the RV park. You use the same shower house as the RV Park. The gravel parking just to the west is where you would park (between the field and the barracks).

It would be about a 1.5 mile hike to the 200 yard line on Viale.

SeeEmPee 04-12-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wckz45 (Post 2034522)
Tent area is a grassy lot adjacent to the RV park (parking nearby). If you look on Google Earth, it is the field just south of the RV park. You use the same shower house as the RV Park. The gravel parking just to the west is where you would park (between the field and the barracks).

It would be about a 1.5 mile hike to the 200 yard line on Viale.

Thank you for the info!

So, can I assume that there's additional parking near the ranges? I can't picture them making everyone walk 1.5mi with all their gear.

bpm32 04-12-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeEmPee (Post 2034754)
Thank you for the info!

So, can I assume that there's additional parking near the ranges? I can't picture them making everyone walk 1.5mi with all their gear.

Yeah, there’s parking in front of the ranges. There’s also more parking tucked away in various places. You definitely want a cart of some sort no matter what though.

SeeEmPee 04-12-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm32 (Post 2034765)
Yeah, there’s parking in front of the ranges. There’s also more parking tucked away in various places. You definitely want a cart of some sort no matter what though.

Roger, Sir! Thanks again!

bpm32 04-12-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeEmPee (Post 2034793)
Roger, Sir! Thanks again!

Are you going with a group of people to walk you through the process? It’s not that hard to figure out, but it does help the first time.

The two worse things that can happen at Perry are that you get heat exhaustion in the pits or your credit card catches fire on Commercial Row.