CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

USMC-Nav 04-14-2021 06:42 PM

I would love to have received that.

Congratulations

msmith5150 04-14-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtz1598 (Post 2035781)
Picked up my Field grade 1911 pistol today and I am completely in shock!!I think I really have something special here. Looks like  an all original COLT World War I 1911 from what I can tell from the serial number I believe itís from 1913. Itís pretty amazing I just literally picked it up now so I havenít taken it apart yet but I plan to soon by the way I think itís the original finish and original barrel. Thanks CMP couldnít be happier!!!

Colt Serial number 376261 dates to mid 1918. The highest production range that year, ser #'s 233601-580600

The slide could be from anywhere between 1914 to 1945.

An original barrel from your ser # range would not have "Colt .45 Auto" on top like that. It is probably a commercial replacement post-WWII.

Not all original, but a great Colt! Congrats! :)

aljkw 04-14-2021 07:28 PM

Picked up my new field grade 1911A1 today. Not sure why it was marked field maybe other than the replacement TZ slide. Has rebuild ANAD 8/90 stamp and GHD stamp on it as well as faint cross cannons. 1985 new barrel.

would have liked matching frame to receiver but very happy with it.

https://imgur.com/a/1RD4C2E

As nice as it looks I probably could have gone rack grade.

Mtz1598 04-14-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmith5150 (Post 2035828)
Colt Serial number 376261 dates to mid 1918. The highest production range that year, ser #'s 233601-580600

The slide could be from anywhere between 1914 to 1945.

An original barrel from your ser # range would not have "Colt .45 Auto" on top like that. It is probably a commercial replacement post-WWII.

Not all original, but a great Colt! Congrats! :)

The slide is original to 1918 ďmodel of 1911Ē on slide is only produced
Before WW2 before 1911A1ís.

The barrel you could be right I will need to do more research on.

The Trigger and grips are definitely a 1911A1.

msmith5150 04-14-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtz1598 (Post 2035911)
The slide is original to 1918 ďmodel of 1911Ē on slide is only produced
Before WW2 before 1911A1ís.

The barrel you could be right I will need to do more research on.

The Trigger and grips are definitely a 1911A1.

This should help. Depends on lug markings.

https://sightm1911.com/lib/history/b...iles/Colt8.htm

kerplinker 04-15-2021 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerplinker (Post 2033724)
This is completely random but if they call 50 per week which I think may be on the high end, my RNG of 21106 would take approx. 22 weeks.

So my guess: 08/11/2021. That'll be a nice birthday present!

Not surprised but this timeline is probably way off. Of course it assumed I had 1100 in front of me and no gaps in the numbering. It appears they are moving through the numbers at a pretty decent clip. I'm thinking now that my number may be called in the next 4-6 weeks. My new guess is now 06/06/2021.

AFChief 04-15-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerplinker (Post 2035960)

My new guess is now 06/06/2021.

My first round 1911 Certificate from CMP is dated June 6. Not that it means anything, but I just thought it was kind of cool that it lined up with such a historic day.

Lt. Thompson 04-15-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thielenjp (Post 2035770)
Can't the FFL hold it till you return ? How well do you know your FFL ?
Be safe.

I wont have any FFLs. I'd be stationed somewhere, not deployed temporarily.

JohnnyO 04-15-2021 09:39 AM

Well I'm a somebody else that never got a RGN !! and Ali left me message that I have 5 days to get back with her. So I called this Am and talked to her and she said all three grades are good so I took a Rack Grade most of my Garands are Field Grands everyone that they sent I was happy with and this should be the same so if you never got a RGN it might pop up.

carrguy1 04-15-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyO (Post 2036038)
Well I'm a somebody else that never got a RGN !! and Ali left me message that I have 5 days to get back with her. So I called this Am and talked to her and she said all three grades are good so I took a Rack Grade most of my Garands are Field Grands everyone that they sent I was happy with and this should be the same so if you never got a RGN it might pop up.

Did she tell you what your number was?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.