CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

phil in indy 05-10-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jk2837 (Post 2137775)
Im hoping in 2 to 3 weeks to get my call at 31626 I would think I'd be close to that time frame?

I think I'm starting 3 weeks over what that graph showed that I might be called. My number is 31,259. That's fine. I'm not worried. Keep up the good work CMP.

lavida 05-10-2022 12:10 PM

Wow sounds like I'm getting close.
I have to say I've been so worried I'd miss the call or something. Still to this date have never received an email from the CMP other than a direct response to a email of mine. But this link wait is getting close and I'm feeling content not worried anymore.
Take care guys

ChinaLakePW 05-14-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pupwood (Post 2136775)
Are any of the Field or Rack Grades showing up with matching manufacturer Frame & Slide ?

RGN 29707. I received a matching Ithaca frame and slide as a Field grade. Very little finish left, but a very tight pistol.

AK1911 05-15-2022 03:04 AM

I’m 32,214. Still waiting. Getting a bit anxious actually, I go to MEPS for the Air Force on Tuesday. Hoping to pass that and get into the DEP so I can ship to BMT in the fall instead of the summertime in Texas, especially coming from Alaska and hopefully get my 1911 by then. Going to go with field grade given the option.

K1rodeoboater 05-16-2022 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK1911 (Post 2138950)
Iím 32,214. Still waiting. Getting a bit anxious actually, I go to MEPS for the Air Force on Tuesday. Hoping to pass that and get into the DEP so I can ship to BMT in the fall instead of the summertime in Texas, especially coming from Alaska and hopefully get my 1911 by then. Going to go with field grade given the option.

3 bits of advice

1. Congrats, joining the military was one of the best decisions I have made to date

2. Contact sales and let them know, just in case

3. If you're living in the barracks/dorms don't plan on keeping any personally owned weapons. Better off renting a storage unit off post to keep them in or find someone you trust to store them with. Keeping them in the arms room should never even be considered. Along with keeping them in your vehicle or the barracks/dorm

AK1911 05-16-2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1rodeoboater (Post 2139185)
3 bits of advice

1. Congrats, joining the military was one of the best decisions I have made to date

2. Contact sales and let them know, just in case

3. If you're living in the barracks/dorms don't plan on keeping any personally owned weapons. Better off renting a storage unit off post to keep them in or find someone you trust to store them with. Keeping them in the arms room should never even be considered. Along with keeping them in your vehicle or the barracks/dorm

Yes, I’m aware you can’t keep weapons on base in the dorms or vehicles. Everybody says not to keep personal weapons in the armory…

I plan on keeping all of my weapons locked up at home with my parents. If I buy any weapons while serving, I intend to keep them at an indoor storage unit near the base if possible. I still have to go to MEPS first and continue processing, going to the hotel today.

As far as the 1911 goes, CMP explicitly says not to contact them. So I will wait until I have a ship date to BMT first, or swear into the DEP at least.

K1rodeoboater 05-16-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK1911 (Post 2139309)
Yes, Iím aware you canít keep weapons on base in the dorms or vehicles. Everybody says not to keep personal weapons in the armoryÖ

I plan on keeping all of my weapons locked up at home with my parents. If I buy any weapons while serving, I intend to keep them at an indoor storage unit near the base if possible. I still have to go to MEPS first and continue processing, going to the hotel today.

As far as the 1911 goes, CMP explicitly says not to contact them. So I will wait until I have a ship date to BMT first, or swear into the DEP at least.

Oh I missed that this is your first trip to MEPS. Yeah worry about it when your ship date gets closer. Once your number comes up you've got 5 business days to contact them before you lose your spot.

JoeBud 05-16-2022 05:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/PKDCAq2.png

Last updated 6/8/2022

b.cunningham@navajo.com 05-17-2022 02:13 PM

I got the call on Thursday 5/12/2022 RGN # 30920
Picked it up today. It is everything I was hoping for
and it will be a shooter.

jareds06 05-18-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK1911 (Post 2139309)
I plan on keeping all of my weapons locked up at home with my parents. If I buy any weapons while serving, I intend to keep them at an indoor storage unit near the base if possible.

Open a safety deposit box with a bank. I would never trust those storage places with any of my firearms. But then again, Jacksonville might not be as nice as wherever airmen/airpeople get stationed.