CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

msmith5150 04-22-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRedmond (Post 2038609)
I appreciate the replies on my topic, but my post said ďnot complaining, just wondering.Ē No one respects and admires the tough job that the folks at CMP do than me. Iím new to the 1911 process and didnít monitor it on the forums during round 1. If my question touched a nerve I apologize but donít be so quick to slam me to the mat.

No need to apologize, you'll get beat on a bit around here for questioning anything the CMP does and how they do it. Even if what you say isn't meant to disparage the fine people that work at the CMP. Let it slide brother :)

SharpShooter82 04-23-2021 08:53 AM

My understanding of CMP's grading system is that it operates from a perspective of physical condition.

Service Grade = Firearm is in a newly rebuilt condition. As close to a "new" pistol as far as function, reliability, and wear of parts is concerned.

Field Grade = Firearm has been issued and has been in the field since its last rebuild. Wear of parts to be more than Service Grade.

Rack Grade = Firearm has been in the field and has enough wear that it should be rebuilt, but it is still functional.

The descriptions above are my interpretations of CMP/Military perspective of "condition".

I am sure that there are treasures in each of the grades, it is purely random if you receive a treasure from a collectors point of view.

The only visual condition that is in the descriptions is rust/pitting and that is a condition of any used firearm.

I had thought of Field Grade to maybe have a better chance of getting "the look" that I am hoping for, but think I will choose a Service Grade to get more shootability and service time out of mine.

My RGN is 27144 so I have plenty of time to change my mind,,,

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

MrBurritoMan 04-25-2021 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawky (Post 2039287)
Black data points highest RGN, purple lowest.

That is beautiful, too bad the CMP can't let us know where they are at with the RGNs so people have an idea when they may get called.

grumpa72 04-25-2021 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurritoMan (Post 2039292)
That is beautiful, too bad the CMP can't let us know where they are at with the RGNs so people have an idea when they may get called.

It's not their job to tell us and waste their valuable time. - I would rather they make phone calls and mail out pistols. You are told indirectly by folks posting their contact information, RNG, AND Mailing dates.

f100owner 04-25-2021 08:21 AM

RNG 27272 here, but it would be nice to know how many pistols are expected to be distributed in this round.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DDRode 04-25-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f100owner (Post 2039316)

RNG 27272 here, but it would be nice to know how many pistols are expected to be distributed in this round.

Keepin' it short & to the point...

CMP 1911 will, more than likely, distribute the exact number of pistols needed to fill all qualified orders received in this round.

:D

wojownik 04-25-2021 09:23 AM

I'm curious what was the highest RNG number issued this round. So far nobody has posted one higher than me that I've seen. "Hey ma, I'm on top of the world!"

terry_b 04-25-2021 09:32 PM

so at the moment, it looks like they are processing almost 1000 numbers per month. Guess i can relax for a month. Sure hope my son gets his non-RGN resolved.

Stewbaby 04-25-2021 09:36 PM

...Yeap, 1K a month...I get a Christmas present or New Years present hopefully with a 29768.

JW_Pepper 04-26-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry_b (Post 2039608)
so at the moment, it looks like they are processing almost 1000 numbers per month. Guess i can relax for a month. Sure hope my son gets his non-RGN resolved.

I pegged that as well doing some number crunching on RGN # ship date posts.
The pattern appears to be ~50/day.
= 250/week
= 1000/month