CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

Wakko 03-18-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6.5x68 (Post 2124590)
Hope just emailed me. You cannot switch your grade once the call is over. So, I saved $100. Total win either way. I imagine after 29,000 phone calls, they're probably tired of people crap.

Ah, good to know that. I think you'll be happer with the "lesser" grade, as well, based on other folks' posts.

Wakko 03-18-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleHelix (Post 2124589)
I think the confusion is why are they taking orders for something not in stock. I was always under the impression the grade available when contacted is whatís there ready to ship. Mentions of backordering grades isnít something I personally recall seeing. Either way Iím still happy I got my field grade locked in.

Cheers

My pure speculation is this: The armorers can only do so much at a certain pace, clearly slower than the CSRs can talk to customers. If they have 2 armorers working this week, yet 4 CSRs, there will be a large disparity. By allowing a backorder, it keeps the CSRs moving forward, and makes sure that there is an efficient transition from "ready for sale" to shipped, with no stockpile of inventory. In another thread (or maybe this one?) Admin stated that they were short on armorers, but I don't know if that was short term or long term.

Sure, none of us want to wait, but considering we were told that we could be waiting for two years on this, and it's only been one, we are still well ahead of the game. Also, if the wait is up to 90 days, but only turns out to be three weeks, then it's like an early surprise, right? :D

JoeBud 03-18-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wakko (Post 2124641)
Honestly, I think the auction would have been a better option for you. You could have gotten your pistol a year ago and not had to wait, and picked the exact grade you wanted.

Best advice ever for those trying to set expectations before they ever get the call. Keep in mind that every 1911 they have yet to inspect can at least be sold as a Rack, so they can easily sell those faster than they can inspect them. Probably safe for them on Field as well. But for Service, you don't sell those unless you know you have them.

NamInfantry 03-18-2022 04:13 PM

CMP has done an awesome job getting thousands of 1911's to the folks who are in the lottery. Yes its a lottery so to speak, there will be some dismayed by their selection or "luck of the draw". My experience with CMP Round 2 was truly rewarding, mainly sending my request EARLY. Avoiding nail biting, late night sweats, tortuous dreams of missing "the call", anxiety caused by missed meals, loss of weight, trying NOT to blame CMP for current conditions caused by political infrastructure making it difficult for everyone. The CMP staff has been OUTSTANDING despite the logistics they have to deal with. IF there is a Round 3, who knows what the crates will hold? NO one knows, but I do know CMP will continue to deliver with class and professionalism.

kidicarus13 03-18-2022 07:21 PM

Can anyone confirm if CMP requires proof of non-expired club status before they will ship your pistol?

6.5x68 03-18-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidicarus13 (Post 2124737)
Can anyone confirm if CMP requires proof of non-expired club status before they will ship your pistol?

Yes. The CMP will ask for current proof of membership. Not from a year ago when your request was filed. My club was too difficult to deal with so I joined the gca for convenience. That cost $25 and expired by the time my call came. I'm not sure if a notification of expiration came, but it did expire. I rejoined for another $25 and about 4 minutes of my time. Emailed screenshots of my application and also forwarded my confirmation. Problem solved. All the same, be sure to have current club affiliation ready.

CadillacMike 03-18-2022 11:45 PM

You might have a background check "delay" or something. What's your RGN?

kidicarus13 03-19-2022 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CadillacMike (Post 2124792)
You might have a background check "delay" or something. What's your RGN?

322XX so I'm probably looking at June. My M1 Collectors Club membership expired in February.

VinnAY 03-21-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6.5x68 (Post 2124757)
Yes. The CMP will ask for current proof of membership. Not from a year ago when your request was filed. My club was too difficult to deal with so I joined the gca for convenience. That cost $25 and expired by the time my call came. I'm not sure if a notification of expiration came, but it did expire. I rejoined for another $25 and about 4 minutes of my time. Emailed screenshots of my application and also forwarded my confirmation. Problem solved. All the same, be sure to have current club affiliation ready.

Thank you for this, I just got the monthly publication but figured my membership from this time last year was going to be kaput and I'm on the verge of getting my call (30290).

Primos003 03-21-2022 10:11 PM

29821 here. No call yet, hoping any day now.