CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

Big_Red 05-01-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcore (Post 2041161)
How far past my number should wait before calling. My number is 20886 ? Last one I seen was 21121.

As this has come up a few times, nothing has changed from round 1:
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....50#post1959150

“Nothing has changed from the previous threads on this topic...different employees have their own stacks of orders thru which they are working, as well as the fact some orders process quicker than others, or that there is a significant number of those who received RGNs not following thru with a purchase.
Result is RGNs are not being processed in numeric order.
If someone sees that their RGN has been passed over to the tune of 500+, then they should contact 1911 customer service.
I spoke to Mike earlier and he said he y’all have been in contact regarding your RGN...and there is not a delay as they haven’t gotten to it yet.”

DDRode 05-01-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRode (Post 1787505)

Packet sent: 09/04/18
Packet received: 09/06/18
CMP Order Acknowledgement: 11/06/18
Random Generated Number: 1536
Order Placed: 12/27/18
Grade: SG
Payment Processed: 12/27/18
Shipped: 12/27/18
Received: 12/28/18
Manufacturer: COLT
Model: M1911A1
Serial Number: 1671195 (1944)
Distinguishing Characteristics: LEAD (Letterkenny Army Depot) electro-penciled on front right side of frame. Appears to be original (old repark) with the exception of replacement grips.
Bottom Line: Decided I sorta like it (it's got that been there done that kinda look)...it's definitely Condition Code A & RFI (Ready For Issue)!!!

I had 1536 as my RGN in Round One.

I waited the entire month of December before finally sayin' to hell with it and calling on Wednesday morning, December 27th, 2018.

The lady who answered my call (can't remember her name) told me that if I hadn't called, my packet was going to the very bottom of the stack come Tuesday, January 2, 2019.

She told me they tried to call me on December 5th, but there was no answer.

Seemed awfully strange since I checked my answering machine & call log on a daily basis, but there was no record of a coll received.

So, anyway, I called on the 27th & my "pistole" was shipped that very same day.

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL!!!

:D

gjtalis 05-02-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpShooter82 (Post 2041383)
I mailed my packet in the first week, don't remember the date, and my assigned RGN is 27114 and I was notified of this on April 6. My RGN being so high tells me that there was a randomness to the assigning of the numbers.

I worked for a subcontracter at one of the small arms warehouses at ANAD doing visual inventory. The M1911's are in crates of 100-200 each, I cannot remember exactly. And when I was looking at the crates there was no order of condition as to how they were placed in each row. Each crate only contained one type of condition.

So,,,when crates were pulled to send to the CMP the material handler just got the next crate in line. They dont look to see which condition they are pulling or pull the best ones first. You have to remember that the M1911's are no different than shirts to the people working in the warehouses or to the Army. The crates are not marked by manufacturer either. Just a different product with security protocol.

I seriously doubt that the CMP would search through all the crates, to select the better collectible pistol to sell first.

So there is just a good of a chance to get a collectable gem at the end of the program as at the beginning.

The whole process is completely random, it doesnt matter if your RGN is 20xxx or 30xxx, your chances of getting the condition you are wanting is the same throughout the program.

So just relax, sit back, and be happy you have the opportunity to get to own these pieces of history.

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the insight, I have a while to go before my number is up and this info was comforting... I’m sure I will be overjoyed with whatever I get but it’s nice to know that I should “hopefully” have the ability to make my own choice as to which grade I can order.

Savage22410 05-03-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRode (Post 2041541)

The lady who answered my call (can't remember her name) told me that if I hadn't called, my packet was going to the very bottom of the stack come Tuesday, January 2, 2019.

So, does the CMP also send an email notifying you that they're ready for your order, or do they just call? You had to provide an email address, and that's what the RGN is sent to. Why wouldn't the CMP also send notification via email?
Will

DDRode 05-03-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRode (Post 2041541)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage22410 (Post 2041846)
So, does the CMP also send an email notifying you that they're ready for your order, or do they just call? You had to provide an email address, and that's what the RGN is sent to. Why wouldn't the CMP also send notification via email?
Will

The answer to question #1 is EITHER/OR.

The answer to question #2 (as it relates to ROUND ONE) is I DON'T KNOW.

BUT...

This time (ROUND TWO), my son (Corey Rode) received his RGN (20967) via email on April 6th, his order selection notice via email on April 29th, & it was shipped today, May 3rd.

Jrlivin2 05-03-2021 06:43 AM

I received the call on Friday and answered. A few minutes after hanging up I got an email with the instructions on how to have my FFL contact the CMP. It is my assumption that I would have gotten an email asking me to call them if I had not answered their call on Friday.

My RGN was 21035 and I selected service grade. I was told it will ship today.

ZvenoMan 05-03-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage22410 (Post 2041846)
Will

Because they need to speak with you.
Will you email the payment to them?
They have several questions, and probably expect you will have some as well.
Email is a great thing. It is not everything.
JH

Savage22410 05-03-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZvenoMan (Post 2041933)
Because they need to speak with you.
Will you email the payment to them?
They have several questions, and probably expect you will have some as well.
Email is a great thing. It is not everything.
JH

ZvenoMan,
Thank you for the response. I should have made my question more clear. My reference to receiving an email from the CMP was to complement a missed call or voice mail. Not the mechanism by which to place the order.

But, thank you again for your points.

Will

w4sar 05-03-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w4sar (Post 2033792)
Mine is 21102, my guess is May 17, 2021

Just got the call today, so my guess was off by only two weeks! All grades offered, I chose Service Grade. Was thinking about a Field Grade, but was very happy with the Service Grade M1903 and M1 Garand I had gotten in the past.

ZvenoMan 05-03-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage22410 (Post 2041951)
ZvenoMan,
Thank you for the response. I should have made my question more clear. My reference to receiving an email from the CMP was to complement a missed call or voice mail. Not the mechanism by which to place the order.

But, thank you again for your points.

Will

Who said they don't?
My understanding is that if they can't get you on the phone they send an email.
I answered the phone so can't confirm first hand.

They have a bunch of 1911s they need to get rid of.
They know those who sent them packets have money to give them.
They will find a way to strike a deal.

JH