CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

jukes_37207 04-12-2021 12:13 PM

RGN random generator

Let me start out by saying I sent in my packet on the 3rd of March but have received no RGN. My buddy sent his packet in from the same post office on the last day of eligibility and got his RGN back a week ago. The forum says if you have confirmed your packet was received, give it a couple of weeks. Every time I try to confirm if my packet was even received I get the wait till May message. Still donít know how to confirm if my packet was received. The other issue is that so many people in the forums stating when they put theirs in and what their RGN is, it seems obvious that packets were assigned RGNís as they arrived as all the earliest ones have the lowest RGNís. How is this random generation? If this is the case and I was told in advance, I would have had mine in the first day. Just trying to understand. Thanks for your time, patience and efforts. Joe.

ID-Garand 04-12-2021 12:31 PM

Sent my packet in at the last moment, and I'm number 31,◊◊◊ 😬 Assuming I'll get a call, maybe Dec. Or jan

msmith5150 04-12-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukes_37207 (Post 2034832)
Let me start out by saying I sent in my packet on the 3rd of March but have received no RGN. My buddy sent his packet in from the same post office on the last day of eligibility and got his RGN back a week ago. The forum says if you have confirmed your packet was received, give it a couple of weeks. Every time I try to confirm if my packet was even received I get the wait till May message. Still donít know how to confirm if my packet was received. The other issue is that so many people in the forums stating when they put theirs in and what their RGN is, it seems obvious that packets were assigned RGNís as they arrived as all the earliest ones have the lowest RGNís. How is this random generation? If this is the case and I was told in advance, I would have had mine in the first day. Just trying to understand. Thanks for your time, patience and efforts. Joe.

So you mailed it out on March 3rd for a March 4th deadline? If it went standard USPS and you live more than 100 miles away from them, then it probably didn't make it on time.

jwitten 04-12-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmith5150 (Post 2034869)
So you mailed it out on March 3rd for a March 4th deadline? If it went standard USPS and you live more than 100 miles away from them, then it probably didn't make it on time.

I believe it just has to be postmarked by the deadline

Mtz1598 04-12-2021 04:23 PM

Received the call today at 2:05pm mst.
My RGN# 20135 she asked me a few questions
I sent my FFL right away. She offered all three grades
I choose Field Grade and paid. Now I wait for it to be shipped. Some have
Asked what number they used to call it was the 256-770-4744. This the number listed
On their website. I had it in contacts under CMP 1911 so I would know when the call came and it worked perfect.

KH223 04-12-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronwall (Post 2034960)
Thanks for posting the number. Mrs. Ronwall is RGN 20,27X so hopefully by the end of this week she'll get "the call"

Man, I am way behind you guys.............maybe by next week or the next I will get the call

crow 04-12-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KH223 (Post 2035011)
Man, I am way behind you guys.............maybe by next week or the next I will get the call

A guy posted in one of the facebook groups today that he never received his RGN, but then CMP called him up asking him what pistol he'd like to order.
So you may still have an RGN and get "the call" without ever knowing your RGN.

Gary H 04-12-2021 07:00 PM

22305 July 3, 2021!

ZvenoMan 04-12-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukes_37207 (Post 2034832)
Every time I try to confirm if my packet was even received I get the wait till May message. Still donít know how to confirm if my packet was received.

CMP will not confirm arrival of your packet. If you used regular US Mail then there is no confirmation possible. If you used tracking (Priority mail, FedEx....) then you may confirm, on your own.

If it is postmarked before the deadline, wait patiently until May, THEN contact CMP.
If possibly you mailed after the deadline then re-read the rules and try again in round 3.

JH

mac1_131 04-12-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtz1598 (Post 2034954)
Received the call today at 2:05pm mst.

My RGN# 20135 she asked me a few questions

I sent my FFL right away. She offered all three grades

I choose Field Grade and paid. Now I wait for it to be shipped. Some have

Asked what number they used to call it was the 263-770-4744. This the number listed

On their website. I had it in contacts under CMP 1911 so I would know when the call came and it worked perfect.

You might want to fix that number.