CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

mpdphil 04-12-2021 09:03 PM

I submitted my packet last minute (March 3rd, USPS priority mail) and got RGN 31711. I donít mind though, Iíve got time to save up for it.

ArizonaKid 04-13-2021 10:26 AM

How does the RGN process work?

Can someone please explain how the RGN process works?
Are all correctly completed applications, received by the deadline, assigned random number which then creates the order in which you get ďcalledĒ?
Or is your application assigned a number upon receipt and then calls are made by randomly selecting numbers?
Or???

If things are random, the odds of Mr & Mrs Dusty getting 2 sequential numbers and being called together would be, very very low, but admittedly not impossible.

So please, an official explanation of the process would squelch some of the very negative postings occurring outside of this forum which detract from the great work of CMP.
Thanks for clarifying.

[QUOTE=Dusty31;2035069]Mine:
Packet Sent: 4 Jan 2021 Fedex, arrived 5 Jan 2021
RGN Assigned: 4/6/21 - 20036
Date Contacted:4/7, called them back 4/8
Grades Offered: Service/Field/Rack
Shipped: 4/8
Received: 4/12
Manufacture Received: Remington Rand with Ithaca slide
Model received: 1911A1
Serial Number: (Optional)

Wife's:
Packet Sent: 4 Jan 2021 Fedex, arrived 5 Jan 2021
RGN Assigned: 4/6/21 - 20035
Date Contacted:4/7, called them back 4/8
Grades Offered: Service/Field/Rack
Shipped: 4/8
Received: 4/12
Manufacture Received: Remington Rand with Colt Slide
Model received: 1911A1
Serial Number: (Optional) 2221054

Beavis1971 04-13-2021 10:40 AM

The CMP doesn't owe anyone an explanation of how they do things. They are diligently working with a skeleton crew in order to process orders for the 1911/1911a1. From what I have seen there are an increasing number of whiners with regards to the RGN, the 1911 they have received, etc. If you don't like the process, don't do it. When you buy a lottery ticket and inevitably don't win, do you demand an audit every week? At this point I think that the CMP should have charged a small fee to enter the lottery for dealing with all of the crap. The CMP is comprised of great people. Let them do their job and if you have an RGN, you will eventually have the awesome opportunity to pick up a 1911/1911a1.

Steve-OH 04-13-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis1971 (Post 2035201)
the cmp doesn't owe anyone an explanation of how they do things. They are diligently working with a skeleton crew in order to process orders for the 1911/1911a1. From what i have seen there are an increasing number of whiners with regards to the rgn, the 1911 they have received, etc. If you don't like the process, don't do it. When you buy a lottery ticket and inevitably don't win, do you demand an audit every week? At this point i think that the cmp should have charged a small fee to enter the lottery for dealing with all of the crap. The cmp is comprised of great people. Let them do their job and if you have an rgn, you will eventually have the awesome opportunity to pick up a 1911/1911a1.

hear hear!!!!!!!!

DWeso 04-13-2021 11:16 AM

The process has been explained over and over on this forum, by CMP admin.
Read more. Post less. It will be less stressful to you, and those that like to read these posts, to see the nice pistols being purchased through the CMP.

If the RGN process has caused you this much anguish, please call the CMP and tell them to void your RGN. Life is a series of random events that are not always fair. I am certain the CMP has done their best to make this process fair. Humans are involved, so I'm sure that the process is not perfect.

After almost two years of waiting in Round 1, I got my opportunity to buy one. During the wait, I would check this forum once or twice a week to get a ball park figure on how far away I was. I checked more often as my RGN got below 1000 away from being called. During the waiting time I educated myself about the process, and the pistols, by reading the older posts here in this forum.

I am adding a smiley face to indicate I mean well, with my humble advice. :)

Bravo to beavis1971 and Steve-OH !

Billdozier29 04-13-2021 11:46 AM

I got the call yesterday for RGN 20111. Went with a Service Grade. I am really excited for the pistol to arrive and to see what I get. I was a starting to get a little worried as I saw a few people with higher RGNís than mine getting the call last week. Did my packet get misplaced? Did someone make an error and they accidentally skipped over me? It seems like they donít go in order exactly but they are close. If you find yourself in a similar situation be patient. They will be calling you within a couple days.

ArizonaKid 04-13-2021 11:51 AM

I never said anything negative about CMP staff. Do not say that I did. In all of my dealings with them they have been great.
I did not ask about my specific application/RGN.
I did ask to understand how the 1911 RGN process works, I donít think thatís an unreasonable request, however you are free to have a different opinion.
I donít play the lottery, but the rules and procedures are transparent.
My opinion is that transparency is a good thing, again you are entitled to alternative opinion.

Shomway 04-13-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaKid (Post 2035233)
I never said anything negative about CMP staff. Do not say that I did. In all of my dealings with them they have been great.
I did not ask about my specific application/RGN.
I did ask to understand how the 1911 RGN process works, I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request, however you are free to have a different opinion.
I don’t play the lottery, but the rules and procedures are transparent.
My opinion is that transparency is a good thing, again you are entitled to alternative opinion.

They are not going to explain their process and since the numbers are going out...it's a done deal.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...3&postcount=47

ds361 04-13-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtz1598 (Post 2034954)
Received the call today at 2:05pm mst.
My RGN# 20135 she asked me a few questions
I sent my FFL right away. She offered all three grades
I choose Field Grade and paid. Now I wait for it to be shipped. Some have
Asked what number they used to call it was the 256-770-4744. This the number listed
On their website. I had it in contacts under CMP 1911 so I would know when the call came and it worked perfect.

That's a great piece of advice. Just put it in my phone.
And I'm 27,457 I have several months, but that's okay, I'm just happy to have a number.

jukes_37207 04-13-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZvenoMan (Post 2035034)
CMP will not confirm arrival of your packet. If you used regular US Mail then there is no confirmation possible. If you used tracking (Priority mail, FedEx....) then you may confirm, on your own.

If it is postmarked before the deadline, wait patiently until May, THEN contact CMP.
If possibly you mailed after the deadline then re-read the rules and try again in round 3.

JH

I scrupulously followed the instructions and forum posts before sending in my packet and double checked all entries. Mailed it in before the deadline along with my friend at same post office at the same time. He got his notification over a week ago. I was told there are issues with emails ending in Comcast.net, yet I receive email from folks when I try to find out if the packet was received. That is why I am worried. If I miss out this time, I will definitely use FedEx or UPS to be able to track my packet and not have to thru all this worry. Thanks for all the help.