CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   M1A/M14 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   M14 magazines (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=239951)

seminutjob 01-19-2019 10:20 AM

M14 magazines
 
what are the best aftermarket magazines for the M1A?
Thanks
Rob

Shomway 01-19-2019 10:26 AM

Check-mate....
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/31...308-winchester
http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/in...m1a&Itemid=298

nf1e 01-19-2019 11:17 AM

No doubt CMI.= Check Mate Industries.

swmetal 01-19-2019 11:48 AM

Dupage has USGI mags three for $50...

nf1e 01-19-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swmetal (Post 1794486)
Dupage has USGI mags three for $50...

CMI is the current USGI mag supplier. Price sounds about right.

Shomway 01-19-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swmetal (Post 1794486)
Dupage has USGI mags three for $50...

Must be a recent listing....don't recall seeing them before.
https://www.dupagetrading.com/produc...m14-magazines/

seminutjob 01-19-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swmetal (Post 1794486)
Dupage has USGI mags three for $50...

Have you got any? they look to be fine and just needs to be repark.

Rob

swmetal 01-19-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nf1e (Post 1794491)
CMI is the current USGI mag supplier. Price sounds about right.

The Dupage are "1960s era" USGI

swmetal 01-19-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1794495)
Have you got any? they look to be fine and just needs to be repark.

Rob

Just ordered three yesterday. Will post pics when they arrive.

seminutjob 01-19-2019 11:03 PM

After surgeries, selling rifles and bankruptcy, I was able to get my hands on a Springfield Loaded M1A, which took a long time saving up the cash. And since I sold everything M1A/M14, I'll will be needing new mags. Also what's a Loaded M1A going for these days?

Thanks
Rob

m1ashooter 01-19-2019 11:34 PM

Not a bad price. Haven't seen USGI surplus in years.

Skeet6 01-20-2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1794746)
Also what's a Loaded M1A going for these days?

Thanks
Rob

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...a+Loaded&type=

Mike B

309Carbine 01-20-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1794746)
After surgeries, selling rifles and bankruptcy, I was able to get my hands on a Springfield Loaded M1A, which took a long time saving up the cash. And since I sold everything M1A/M14, I'll will be needing new mags. Also what's a Loaded M1A going for these days?

Thanks
Rob

I had similar issues this past year. After the 4th. surgery, I determined that I just might survive and purchased a new BULA from my hospital bed. It was my “reward” for living.

I think Loaded’s are in the $1600-$1700 arena, but that’s based on what I read.

seminutjob 01-20-2019 09:20 AM

Well, I paid about $1300 for it and it look like it is new, but made in 2011.

Thanks
Rob

seminutjob 01-23-2019 12:15 PM

found that those are steel and was parkerized. Great.
Rob

superdave269 01-24-2019 06:21 PM

This is where I buy mine
https://www.44mag.com/category/m1a_m14_magazines_usgi

Shomway 01-24-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdave269 (Post 1796266)

Me too! Too bad they are out of stock and basically out of business.....sad!

swmetal 01-24-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM1MAN (Post 1796270)
Ordered some from Dupage about 4 days ago, still waiting info on shipping and delivery. Will post about them when they come in.

Got my ship notice today, FedEx delivering on Saturday.

AzDoug 01-25-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swmetal (Post 1796288)
Got my ship notice today, FedEx delivering on Saturday.


LOL I never get a ship notice. They're still showing an order of bayonets I received a week before Christmas as processing.

swmetal 01-26-2019 03:38 PM

Magazines arrived from Dupage. Wear is consistent with their description, lots of finish wear, just a small amount of corrosion on one. Manufacturers were BRW S1 with BW follower, KMT with unmarked follower having square welds (KMT) and OM with a O.M follower. All appear original USGI and correct.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kKARLUg1M47rKvSm6

AzDoug 01-26-2019 05:02 PM

Received mine today too. BRW S1 and UHC. In a little better shape than the ones I got from Victory a couple of weeks ago. Finish wear, but no rust to clean up.

Frankenpez 01-26-2019 06:28 PM

Got mine. Very good condition, no pitting, just insertion wear marks and finish wear from rubbing together. 2 BRW S-1 and a KMT. Very pleased, great deal.

seminutjob 01-26-2019 08:32 PM

Ok, question is will they turn out if blasted and repark?
Thanks
Rob

zippysrifle 01-27-2019 08:47 AM

Got mine as well. All three are BRW S-1. They are a little dirty but will cleanup well.

seminutjob 01-27-2019 11:52 AM

I have order 4 sets. Let's see what I get. Hoping I can repark then.

Rob

AzDoug 01-27-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1797175)
I have order 4 sets. Let's see what I get. Hoping I can repark then.

Rob

I don't see why not.

Orlando 01-27-2019 03:56 PM

I would get the CMI mags

seminutjob 01-27-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orlando (Post 1797252)
I would get the CMI mags

I thought about that, but for the price and a little work, they should turn out nice I am thinking.

Rob

Orlando 01-27-2019 10:30 PM

Unless springs are weak

seminutjob 01-28-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orlando (Post 1797403)
Unless springs are weak

Can get replacements.
Rob

Orlando 01-28-2019 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1797431)
Can get replacements.
Rob

Of course you can but in the case I personally would go with CMI. I have both nice USGI and CMI mags. I always use the CMI, just my preference

Strick 01-28-2019 07:02 AM

I guess if you want some old USGI mags to have around go for it but those pics sure look rough. When I can get CMI's for 19 a piece shipped when on sale and no worries about function I'll go that route. Of course that's just my personal take on it...

Str8liner 01-28-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strick (Post 1797439)
I guess if you want some old USGI mags to have around go for it but those pics sure look rough. When I can get CMI's for 19 a piece shipped when on sale and no worries about function I'll go that route. Of course that's just my personal take on it...

Where do you get the $19 shipped CMI mags on sale if I may ask? If it was 44mag those days are over is seems.

Shomway 01-28-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Str8liner (Post 1797491)
Where do you get the $19 shipped CMI mags on sale if I may ask? If it was 44mag those days are over is seems.

Watch Brownells, they on occasion have deals on them. Seen them 5 for $100..

Str8liner 01-28-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shomway (Post 1797495)
Watch Brownells, they on occasion have deals on them. Seen them 5 for $100..

Ok thanks! Want to pick up more and I missed out on the 44mag blowout.

Shomway 01-28-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1797175)
I have order 4 sets. Let's see what I get. Hoping I can repark then.

Rob

Sold out now....
https://www.dupagetrading.com/produc...m14-magazines/

Strick 01-28-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Str8liner (Post 1797491)
Where do you get the $19 shipped CMI mags on sale if I may ask? If it was 44mag those days are over is seems.

As mentioned Brownell's. I got some from Widner's as well but I don't know if they still do it since they were bought out by LG. 44 mag was good but as you mentioned they are closing. I have found getting on the mailing list keeps me informed.

luigi 01-28-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strick (Post 1797518)
As mentioned Brownell's. I got some from Widner's as well but I don't know if they still do it since they were bought out by LG. 44 mag was good but as you mentioned they are closing. I have found getting on the mailing list keeps me informed.

Sale must be off. 20rd steel are $33

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/..._3=Springfield

seminutjob 01-28-2019 05:48 PM

just got 12 mags in. They look great, three needs to be refinish, but in all, I am happy. wish I can post pictures.
Rob

ZvenoMan 01-28-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminutjob (Post 1797396)
I thought about that, but for the price and a little work, they should turn out nice I am thinking.

Rob

Yes sir.
After the repark and new springs you should have these at around $40.00 - $50.00 per.

JH


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.