CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP South Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   I made the 72 hour round trip to the South Store... (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=274611)

SucraC 02-02-2021 04:30 PM

makes me feel guilty for not making the 8 hour drive to alabama from tampa bay. i ordered an SG m1 through the mail in december but if i thought i had a decent chance of picking up 2 decent M1's in person if i showed up early i would probably drive up and then cancel the mail-in order if i got something good in person. in this era of instant gratification i forgot what it's like to have to wait for things.

msmith5150 02-02-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SucraC (Post 2011257)
makes me feel guilty for not making the 8 hour drive to alabama from tampa bay. i ordered an SG m1 through the mail in december but if i thought i had a decent chance of picking up 2 decent M1's in person if i showed up early i would probably drive up and then cancel the mail-in order if i got something good in person. in this era of instant gratification i forgot what it's like to have to wait for things.

As a great poet once said " the waiting is the hardest part..."

😎

tomknight 02-02-2021 05:57 PM

I'm only 100 miles away, and I mail ordered an M1 last fall. Mostly, I did it because I figured I wouldn't know what to look for anyways.

I made the trip over a week ago and got a 1917. The folks there are great. I will say, however, that the "store" part of it was a lot smaller than I expected.

Anyways, I will probably go back over to get another M1 in the spring since I have a better idea of what to look for now.

Not that I don't love the mail order - I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SucraC (Post 2011257)

SucraC 02-02-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmith5150 (Post 2011291)
As a great poet once said " the waiting is the hardest part..."

😎

i believe that poet was the bard of gainesville

msmith5150 02-03-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SucraC (Post 2011327)

We have a winner!

crow 02-03-2021 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i1afli (Post 2004725)
Okay, Crow, the 3.4 mil SA photos are a joke, right? Weíre supposed to believe that you found a Service Grade with lock bar site, original (probably) 1/45 barrel, and SHM stock? Sounds more like a Correct Grade, so if you got that for SG scratch then thatís the smokenist deal Iíve seen in a while. Iím just jealous. Great find!

Yeah, those pictures are no joke!
When I got home and broke it down, I knew that I had lucked out big time. And then when I've read more about how they put their good stuff on auction, I figured that there was a reason they didn't choose this one for auction or that it snuck by.

Definitely made the long drive worth it!

corpsman5 05-17-2021 08:00 PM

Wow! What a pilgrimage! Glad you had a safe and successful trip! It can definitely be addictive.

dogboysdad 05-22-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SucraC (Post 2011327)

Truth.

jerryrigged 05-25-2021 07:01 PM

Leave it Eric for our dose of culture.

howardhuge 06-01-2021 02:32 PM

Sleeping in the car at a gas station now a-days is a risky Move...unless you got a CMP issue 1911 in the lap.