CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

fwtrent 05-04-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpShooter82 (Post 2041383)
I mailed my packet in the first week, don't remember the date, and my assigned RGN is 27114 and I was notified of this on April 6. My RGN being so high tells me that there was a randomness to the assigning of the numbers.

I worked for a subcontracter at one of the small arms warehouses at ANAD doing visual inventory. The M1911's are in crates of 100-200 each, I cannot remember exactly. And when I was looking at the crates there was no order of condition as to how they were placed in each row. Each crate only contained one type of condition.

So,,,when crates were pulled to send to the CMP the material handler just got the next crate in line. They dont look to see which condition they are pulling or pull the best ones first. You have to remember that the M1911's are no different than shirts to the people working in the warehouses or to the Army. The crates are not marked by manufacturer either. Just a different product with security protocol.

I seriously doubt that the CMP would search through all the crates, to select the better collectible pistol to sell first.

So there is just a good of a chance to get a collectable gem at the end of the program as at the beginning.

The whole process is completely random, it doesnt matter if your RGN is 20xxx or 30xxx, your chances of getting the condition you are wanting is the same throughout the program.

So just relax, sit back, and be happy you have the opportunity to get to own these pieces of history.

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Good email Eric. Thanks

SharpShooter82 05-05-2021 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane (Post 2042358)
Well, that is not what was shown nor said in the video of the first 8000 pistols the CMP received.

This is video from 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cni5HSY4Uv8&t=13s

In this video, it show 2 types of pistol crates. The first type shows 25 pistols per crate (clear markings are shown at 1:57 & 5:07) with the serial numbers painted on the outside of the box. These appear to be the complete Army refinished pistols in the cardboard boxes (at 6:19 & 7:58). SN 2088647 is shown in the box at 2:39, 4:35, and out of the box several times in between these time stamps.

The video also shows bubble wrap packed pistols. These are apparently in the 50 pistols per crate boxes. At 4:10, you can see the 50 pistol crates on the right rear of the view. If you look closes at the crates in this image, you can see the crates are mark with the "condition code" (CC). the serial numbers, dates, the national stock numbers, etc. The army knew exactly which pistols were transferred without ever having to unpack the crates. All the information was right there on the outside of the crate including the serial numbers of the pistols in the crate.

The cardboard crates/boxes that I saw were real, I cannot recall for fact the quantity in the box. The condition code and NSN were on the boxes. I worked there around 2010/2011.

ANAD is not the only place that weapons are stored so there is a good chance that my account and what was in the video are both correct.

I am just trying to help folks understand that the "best" pistols are not going early, that's all.

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Vos Parate 05-05-2021 11:27 AM

If I received a shipping notice from the CMP on a Friday, would the 1911 be shipped on Monday? Is it an overnight delivery?

kerplinker 05-05-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vos Parate (Post 2042430)
If I received a shipping notice from the CMP on a Friday, would the 1911 be shipped on Monday? Is it an overnight delivery?

Probably Monday and typically overnight to FFL

Shomway 05-05-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vos Parate (Post 2042430)

Yes overnight and they don't ship on Fridays, or the day before a holiday.

BoomBoomPing 05-05-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukes_37207 (Post 2034832)
The other issue is that so many people in the forums stating when they put theirs in and what their RGN is, it seems obvious that packets were assigned RGNís as they arrived as all the earliest ones have the lowest RGNís. How is this random generation? If this is the case and I was told in advance, I would have had mine in the first day. Just trying to understand. Thanks for your time, patience and efforts. Joe.

Yeah same here. If I knew they were going to be first come/first serve instead of random I would have sent mine in much earlier. Came here for insight (not to criticize CMP as they're superb and always have been!) and to double check that I hadn't misunderstood, but pretty obvious no one here knows. No big deal. Live and learn. That said, really disappointed how people asking simple questions about this in a respectful way are getting more or less bashed instead of thoughtful replies. Main purpose of the forum is to get information (without bothering CMP) if I'm not mistaken.

kerplinker 05-05-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36shooter (Post 2042242)
#ís above 21100 have been called, go figure.

Appears numbers under yours still being processed. I guess you were lucky to get put into the slow pile. Should be anytime now I would suspect.

Dusty34 05-05-2021 01:35 PM

Finally got the email with my RGN. In the 27k range. So maybe Nov / Dec when I get the call.

G36shooter 05-05-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerplinker (Post 2042473)
Appears numbers under yours still being processed. I guess you were lucky to get put into the slow pile. Should be anytime now I would suspect.

Patiently waiting

LanceS4803 05-05-2021 02:05 PM

They are still processing packets for RGNs.
Finally got an email with my # today.