CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

Parkr1942 05-18-2021 01:35 PM

Could we just quit kicking the dead mule named RGN and get back to posting the RGN number of the ones shipped?

TN Squire 05-18-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris_Bane (Post 2046225)
Sorry, that does not mean anything. One example of over 15,313 random number is nothing but coincidence.

You need to look at the whole process of how random numbers are assigned. The process is basically the same in both cases.

Case 1) The "name in the hat" model. Everyone's name is throw in a "hat" and pulled out one at a time until there are no names left. The order in which the names are pull out are the "random" number order. However, the second name pulled out can never be #1 because that was already given to the first name.

Case 2) Using computer generate random numbers. First of all, random number generator programs do not really produce "random" number. It is and equation that takes the last generated "random" number to calculate the next "random" number. However, to start the process, you have to plug a known number. In the past, video gamers used this fault in games all the time. The knew the computer "random" pattern because the programmers didn't switch the starting number each new game. I had a Chess game I could always beat because I learned the "random" pattern it always used. But I digress.

The second problem is that after the first "random" number is assigned, it can never be assigned again. This is because it Customer #1's number. So for the rest of the period the program is producing "random" numbers, it can never be use again. This is the problem with computer "random" number programs.

If you as for it to give you a random number between 1 and 5 five time, you might get something like 2,3,2,5,3. So #1 and #4 don't appear in 5 tries.

No matter what method is used, some is not going to happy with the result because they were no the first "name out of the hat".

So my point was that it was one instance. And you reply that my post was meaningless, then go on to make the same point.🙄

I guess some people just want to have a hissy fit and start a fight. Good grief.

SharpShooter82 05-18-2021 02:13 PM

I bet the CMP1911 corp has hired someone to read all these post aloud during the workday as the other employees are working.

I bet they laugh all day long,,,

Eric

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

1stGI1911 05-18-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpShooter82 (Post 2046241)
I bet the CMP1911 corp has hired someone to read all these post aloud during the workday as the other employees are working.

Eric

I haven't seen too many that received a 1911 in ROUND 1 posting about their wait we had for the RGN.
I know I'm getting a good laugh. So I gotta post.

For ROUND 1 submitted my packet. I got an email Feb 21, 2019 about FOURTH MONTHS LATER, along with the "Dear John letter" Don't think anyone is getting the Dear John letter this go round.

"This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time.

Your generated number: 9576

Thanks,
CMP 1911 Program"

msmith5150 05-18-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpShooter82 (Post 2046241)

Eric

My bet is that they avoid this forum like the plague. They have people that handle posting on forums, social media, etc. If I were one of the employees not assigned to deal with forums I certainly wouldn't come here for funzies.

jeeperbob 05-18-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stGI1911 (Post 2046280)
I haven't seen too many that received a 1911 in ROUND 1 posting about their wait we had for the RGN.
I know I'm getting a good laugh. So I gotta post.

For ROUND 1 submitted my packet. I got an email Feb 21, 2019 about FOURTH MONTHS LATER, along with the "Dear John letter" Don't think anyone is getting the Dear John letter this go round.

"This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time.

Your generated number: 9576

Thanks,
CMP 1911 Program"

I got one of those too and as far as time line goes, here was mine:
Package sent: 9-4-18
Package received: Unknown
Lottery Number Assigned: 11106 on Thursday Feb. 21, 2019 11:02am via email.
Contact that it's my turn: Friday Jan. 3, 2020 via phone.

It was 5 months before I got an RGN and another 11 months when I got the call. I was thinking I wasn't going to get one. Monday Jan 5th it was shipped and I got it on Wednesday the 7th. I was offered field grade, or field grade or field grade so I picked field grade and got a real nice overhauled, reparkerized Dec 1944 Remington Rand all correct for the production date and it was a USMC overhaul at Barstow in 1984. Shoots like a dream.
So, grasshoppers, I know well how stressful it is waiting for the RGN and while you want it now, have faith and it too shall follow.
P.s. The last sentence about not contacting them was in bold print (That made the stressors go way up, LOL)

ZvenoMan 05-18-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperbob (Post 2046292)
I got one of those too and as far as time line goes, here was mine:
Package sent: 9-4-18
Package received: Unknown
Lottery Number Assigned: 11106 on Thursday Feb. 21, 2019 11:02am via email.
Contact that it's my turn: Friday Jan. 3, 2020 via phone.

It was 5 months before I got an RGN and another 11 months when I got the call. I was thinking I wasn't going to get one. Monday Jan 5th it was shipped and I got it on Wednesday the 7th. I was offered field grade, or field grade or field grade so I picked field grade and got a real nice overhauled, reparkerized Dec 1944 Remington Rand all correct for the production date and it was a USMC overhaul at Barstow in 1984. Shoots like a dream.
So, grasshoppers, I know well how stressful it is waiting for the RGN and while you want it now, have faith and it too shall follow.
P.s. The last sentence about not contacting them was in bold print (That made the stressors go way up, LOL)

I posted my "Dear John" RNG from round 1 as well. But I will add this:
My dates are about the same as yours for mailing (I used a stamp so don't know when it arrived; didn't care then or now) and got my RNG at the same time as you.
My RNG was 16254, and I got the call on 11 SEP 2020. While we have no idea how many 1911s were shipped (people who never responded to the call, people unwilling or unable to buy once they got the call, etc.; same as now), it does show about 143 RNGs processed per week. Compare that to the 250/week for this round.

CMP had no idea how to distribute 1911s in round 1; they made plans and invented the process, adjusted 342 times along the way, and I except they continue to optimize the process based on new constraints and setbacks.
Pretty sure it was just as stressful for some applicants in round 1. The "not enough 1911s to fill your order" was not a cheerful email I will admit.
Me; 2020 had enough distractions; I assumed I'd get a call someday, if they never got a 2nd shipment I figured I'd be on the list in a few years if they did.
1st world problems......

DP68 05-18-2021 08:02 PM

Just think about it though......in a couple of years we'll be able to post on here as Round 3 or 4 are fretting about their RGN's, about back in the day when we were in the (by then infamous) "400 Club"

pickax 05-18-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmith5150 (Post 2046369)
We 2nd rounders may be the last of a dying breed, The CMP might not want to subject themselves to public wrath again after dealing with us :D

No, CMP will soldier on until all the pistols are sold. This is just chatter.
Entertaining, but still chatter over the internet cloths line. Carry on !

USMA-1982 05-19-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grunt Doc (Post 2046468)
If I don't get anything else, I'd appreciate the distinction of being the "founder" of "The 400 Club." My "Who didn't receive their RGN?" thread generated more conversation/controversy than anything I've ever posted.

All kidding aside, I have confirmation my packet was received at CMP, and I sent an email before Admin said not to. At some point I'm confident I'll receive an email with my RGN or a phone call asking which grade I want or how I need to "fix" something in my packet. No worries.

Patiently standing-by.

400 Club member #1
:GS:

That was a useful thread - too bad it got shut down.