CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

pcke2000 10-18-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZvenoMan (Post 2085541)
What's that?
I got an RGN. Then I was called when my RGN came up. No email in between, and no email to order a CMP 1911.

Being round 1, I also got the "your RGN is so high you probably won't get a CMP 1911; sux to be you" email. And a year later I got the call.

JH

In round 2, the CMP sometimes emailed buyers (who were assigned and emailed RGNs already) before calling them, or emailed them the direct contact info and asked them to call CMP back to complete ordering.

ZvenoMan 10-18-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcke2000 (Post 2085546)
In round 2, the CMP sometimes emailed buyers (who were assigned and emailed RGNs already) before calling them, or emailed them the direct contact info and asked them to call CMP back to complete ordering.

CMP calls all when their number is up. If no answer they leave a message and email Many threads on this, round 1 and 2.

As lavida is 6+ months from his number coming up he shouldn't receive any emails until then.
JH

pcke2000 10-18-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZvenoMan (Post 2085550)
CMP calls all when their number is up. If no answer they leave a message and email Many threads on this, round 1 and 2.

As lavida is 6+ months from his number coming up he shouldn't receive any emails until then.
JH

That's not always the situation in Round 2. CMP emailed me 3 days prior to the phone call. Same thing happened to my 3 friends in Round 2.

lavida 10-19-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZvenoMan (Post 2085464)
You have an RGN, what email notice are you missing?

JH

Hi So I will try to clear this up.

After not hearing from the CMP after a respectful amount of time I reached out.
A Mr Long wrote me and told me about some email problems they were having and to wait a month.

After that I contacted him and they still had problems please wait till mid August.

I don't think I waited the whole time as I was excited.
I didn't get a response and waited a while and reached out again.
Mr long wrote back and said I should of received a email and told me my Number. That I should check me junk/spam folders.
I wrote back that no I received no such email and didn't get a response.

Now By this time I have never received any emails from the CMP you knoe the normal junk and stuff yuo get whenever you sign up for anything. Also I was never able to sign in to post on this forum.
Some very nice Lady at the CMP helped me get that fixed but still never one email or notice about the CMP.

So thats why I have a concern about getting THE email that my number has come up and I will have the honor to hold one of these iconic pieces of our history.

It would mean a great deal to me. I have a great pride in our Country and great respect to all who have served.

Thanks all

ZvenoMan 10-19-2021 08:31 AM

Ok, you got an email from Mr Long that has your RGN. You are good to go.
Watch the forum for the numbers currently being called and expect your call then, 6 or so months.
You donít need anything else until you get your call.
Jh

jimny 10-19-2021 09:18 AM

RGN Discussion

I am now 1,000 random numbers from my contact call or e-mail. My estimate is 4 to 5 weeks. Any better estimate?

Jim

KingsPointer 10-19-2021 09:34 AM

The old estimate from several months ago was approximately 70 contacts per business day, but that very well could have changed. My number (26368) is coming up soon so I'm wondering the same thing re: the current pace.

jetblue319 10-19-2021 11:22 AM

56 away , today or tomorrow, hopefully.

Jk2837 10-19-2021 11:58 AM

Im 31626.....patently waiting but my main worry is that by that time there are still plenty of 1911s! I dont care what grade? If I have a choice I'd like a rack or field. Time will tell....

pww1947 10-20-2021 02:49 PM

I don’t know if this is the right forum for this question, but my number is coming up soon, does anyone know of a good FFL I could use in Richmond Va?