CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP North Store (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   North Store today (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=277145)

Bear57 02-18-2021 04:34 PM

North Store today
 
Talked to Bob at the N.S. this afternoon. He said there was one customer in the store with about 7 Service grade Garands and maybe 4 Field grades left, and those were fairly well picked over.

A new truck is not expected for another month or so, and with current N.S. rule of 2 Garand's from the store, the store should be quiet.

jeffe 02-18-2021 07:14 PM

It sounds lonely at the North store.

rmw66 02-18-2021 07:27 PM

My dad and I were the first ones there this morning. And Iím glad we were . Right after we picked out what we wanted quite a few people showed up and it looked like a feeding frenzy.
It was my first visit I was hoping to get a special but there were none . I got 2 service grades . One H&R with a bbl that was 0 & 0 so hopefully it will be my shooter . The other was a IH . My Dad got a couple of Springfields . I had been intending to do this since it was the DCM 25 years ago. Glad I finally did

3IDGarand 02-18-2021 09:53 PM

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of going this week with a buddy of mine (5+hour drive), but had no appointment and didn't want to wait in the cold. After some debating, we both decided to do a mail order and try making the longer drive to the south store in the spring.

abeal 02-19-2021 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3IDGarand (Post 2016913)
Thanks for the update. I was thinking of going this week with a buddy of mine (5+hour drive), but had no appointment and didn't want to wait in the cold.

You would not have to wait outside in the cold. There is a large indoor area with restrooms and chairs where you check in. It is the same area where you check in for the national matches. Once checked in, they will either tell you to wait inside or they will send you right in, depending how many people are inside the store. When they tell you that you can go in, you go outside and enter two doors down. So the only time you are outside is walking from and to your car.

Steve-OH 02-19-2021 06:53 AM

So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.

dannemiller 02-19-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-OH (Post 2016967)
So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.

It was last Saturday.

rmw66 02-19-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-OH (Post 2016967)
So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.

It was yesterday

USAAF 02-19-2021 11:18 AM

North store
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear57 (Post 2016772)
Talked to Bob at the N.S. this afternoon. He said there was one customer in the store with about 7 Service grade Garands and maybe 4 Field grades left, and those were fairly well picked over.

A new truck is not expected for another month or so, and with current N.S. rule of 2 Garand's from the store, the store should be quiet.

So the racks are near empty with nothing left to refill racks ? Scary.
I was there on the 11 th and it was fairly busy morning. Took only one home thinking when another truck comes I could get one more, if that two per year at the North store holds out.

rmw66 02-19-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAAF (Post 2017048)
So the racks are near empty with nothing left to refill racks ? Scary.
I was there on the 11 th and it was fairly busy morning. Took only one home thinking when another truck comes I could get one more, if that two per year at the North store holds out.

When we got there yesterday morning the first rack was full of service Springfield and H&R , the second was about 3/4 full , that’s where I go my IH , so I’m guessing it was all IH ? Over by the window where you turn your paperwork in there was a rack I did not look at . My dad said they were all more expensive.
With the amount of people that were there and still coming I would imagine they were pretty low on stock by the end of the day if they don’t have more rifles
They had some field grades also , but if I remember right no more than 3/4 of the rack was full .

I guess a question for the regulars would be , is everything usually full on a Thursday morning?

Lucabrazzi 02-19-2021 01:13 PM

Is the parking at the North Store accross the street or back parking lot? I have bad knees and wondering about the distance. Thanks!

Steve-OH 02-19-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucabrazzi (Post 2017078)
Is the parking at the North Store accross the street or back parking lot? I have bad knees and wondering about the distance. Thanks!

Across the Street. Probably a 75- 100 yrd walk.

carrguy1 02-23-2021 03:40 PM

Anyone know about how often they get new truck deliveries?

Steve-OH 02-23-2021 04:40 PM

I heard the next shipment will be April.

Shomway 02-23-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrguy1 (Post 2018545)
Anyone know about how often they get new truck deliveries?

Varies, and has been anywhere from 2-3 months in the past few years...:cry:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.