CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   CMP 1911 (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The OFFICIAL RGN Discussion thread (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=279935)

PapaCookieJar 06-14-2021 06:43 PM

Hope a field grade is available!!RGN is 225xx!! I haven’t heard a thing!��

Steve-OH 06-15-2021 08:05 AM

Got the call about 8:30 this morning. Wife's RGN was 22611. I'm in the "400" Club, never got a RGN. Definie told me it was 22610. Was offered Field or Service grade. We chose one of each. Had to send a copy of my Dealer's FFL as it was not on file with CMP. Was told pistols would ship out today. Definie took care of both of us on the same call.

On a side note: My Winchester service grade Garand shipped yesterday. Waiting on the Fedex guy as I type.

DP68 06-15-2021 09:06 AM

Congrats Steve, always good to see a 400 Club member have to relinquish their membership. Did you give your wife a hard time about YOU actually having the lower RGN?? :)

exradardan 06-15-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkoholic24 (Post 2054609)
I'm 22260..... nothing yet? What to do? This is making me ill.

I'm in the same boat. I'm 22292 and I haven't heard a thing. I emailed CMP to see if there is a problem with my documentation but I haven't gotten a response. I doubt I will hear back from them anytime soon. Something isn't working right with this process. Why even tell us the RGN if they aren't going in order?

Steve-OH 06-15-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DP68 (Post 2054610)
Congrats Steve, always good to see a 400 Club member have to relinquish their membership. Did you give your wife a hard time about YOU actually having the lower RGN?? :)

You KNOW I did! lol

Just sitting here thinking.... Was offered Field or Service... that must mean they are out of Rack grade. just checked the CC. Was charged $950 and $1050 Which would be correct. Kind of surprised they'd run out of the Rack grade.

SEANinMICH 06-15-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exradardan (Post 2054611)
I'm in the same boat. I'm 22292 and I haven't heard a thing. I emailed CMP to see if there is a problem with my documentation but I haven't gotten a response. I doubt I will hear back from them anytime soon. Something isn't working right with this process. Why even tell us the RGN if they aren't going in order?

Because the stacks and stacks of orders are split up among several people. one person's stack may move substantially faster (no customer reply, customer decided he didn't want one, etc.) while another stack may move slowly (questions, issues, etc.). If they literally had one person moving down the list 1, 2, 3, 4,.... it would take a decade to fill the orders currently in-hand. There is nothing wrong with the process. This isn't Amazon

LHS905 06-15-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-OH (Post 2054615)
You KNOW I did! lol

Just sitting here thinking.... Was offered Field or Service... that must mean they are out of Rack grade. just checked the CC. Was charged $950 and $1050 Which would be correct. Kind of surprised they'd run out of the Rack grade.

They are NOT out of Rack grade. Your post proves the doubters that said they were out of Service grade last week. They fulfill orders as they work through the pistols and offer what is available in the small snapshot in time!!

LHS

SEANinMICH 06-15-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exradardan (Post 2054640)
When its off by hundreds of numbers there is a problem. It means someone isn't keeping up and orders are being filled for people who may not have otherwise gotten a pistol, but those who should have may lose out. At some point they will run out of pistols, there isn't an infinite supply. It undermines confidence in the entire system.

Being off by 400-500 is barely a rounding error. There’s no problem. The only change CMP should make is to delete all these order timeline threads.

You got your RGN. There is absolutely no reason to assume that everyone with a number won’t get their 1911. Alarmists are not making this process better for anyone

exradardan 06-15-2021 11:28 AM

I just received an email from CMP asking them to call me, no call from them first. They had Service and Field grades available. I picked Service. Should be at my FFL either tomorrow or Thursday depending on how quickly my FFL sends their documents in. Looks like the delay in getting the call worked to my advantage.

Beezer 06-15-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry_b (Post 2053766)
hope no sooner. I'm 23024 but just bought a midway carbine(great condition) and am still groveling for forgiveness from her majesty(don't you already have one of these? why do you need another? I countered with a don't you already have a necklace? thatadded a week to my sentence)

Iím 23026 and have already set aside some jewelry I bought in advance. At the rate Iím snatching up milsurps her jewelry collection will need a larger cabinet.