CMP Forums

CMP Forums (http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php)
-   Smallbore (http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The Mossberg 44 Incomplete Gamble (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=9411)

Eat Dirt 04-21-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpl.pd (Post 107236)
I don't see anything wrong with the guns. If you don't like the stock go buy another stock.

I ain't made out of money.............

I'll work with it ,,,, as I have gotten Great information and help from friends I have made here
Thanks Guys

cpl.pd 04-22-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Dirt (Post 107243)

I'll work with it ,,,, as I have gotten Great information and help from friends I have made here
Thanks Guys

Mine should arrive in a few days..... I am thinking maybe Friday or Monday. Yours are serivceable, I just hope the one I ordered is that good. I hate to plug a website but parts are available from Havlin Sales. Like a trigger guard and another stock. I understand the money situation. But I just wanted to give you an option.

Good luck

TRICKSTER 04-22-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRICKSTER (Post 98685)
Just got my DBU on April 2 for an order of three more incomplete M44's. Order was received by CMP on March 29 . Put a sticky asking for at least one tapped for a scope as I have an old Weaver 344 scope and mount that is looking for a rifle to mate with. I can only hope that these will be as nice as the first two that I got.

Opened in eStore (Order # 3078xx) and credit card hit today 04-22-10.
Hopefully will see what I'm getting by end of next week.

edlmann 04-22-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

I don't see anything wrong with the guns. If you don't like the stock go buy another stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Dirt (Post 107243)

Click here

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/images/catalog/68510.jpg

Pvt. Joker 04-22-2010 08:48 PM

Man, I really want to order one of these.

Flemjasmo 04-23-2010 01:56 PM

My last m44 is here, but it is not at the same level as my earlier two. Still a deal at $65, but this one will take some elbow grease, time, and $ to get it up and going.

Cons:
- stock is pretty rough - lots dents and dings and kind of UGLY - should clean up
- bolt is real sticky to cycle (will have to take apart to diagnose)
- no rear sights (expeted)
- no trigger guard (the only one out of mine to arrive this way)
- no safety pegs
- it isn't drill and tapped

Pros:
- no rust at all (bolt, barrel, anywhere)
- good blue left, but some minor scratches and wear (fixable)
- has mossberg firing pin
- has buttplate (it is a m44 buttplate, but aligns poorly - fixable)
- clean sharp barrel
- clean sharp crown
- clean chamber and face

As I said this is the worst in my batch, but with some TLC should still be a shooter. It does seem that they are getting near the bottom.

Still happy

Flem

TRICKSTER 04-23-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

That's nice, but I wasn't talking about the stock now was I? I was referring to the the note. :confused:

cpl.pd 04-23-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRICKSTER (Post 108245)
That's nice, but I wasn't talking about the stock now was I? I was referring to the the note. :confused:

I am sure if CMP repsonded to the note they attempted their best. I would of been very happy with one those in my box.

cpl.pd 04-23-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flemjasmo (Post 108167)
My last m44 is here, but it is not at the same level as my earlier two. Still a deal at $65, but this one will take some elbow grease, time, and $ to get it up and going.

Cons:
- stock is pretty rough - lots dents and dings and kind of UGLY - should clean up
- bolt is real sticky to cycle (will have to take apart to diagnose)
- no rear sights (expeted)
- no trigger guard (the only one out of mine to arrive this way)
- no safety pegs
- it isn't drill and tapped

Pros:
- no rust at all (bolt, barrel, anywhere)
- good blue left, but some minor scratches and wear (fixable)
- has mossberg firing pin
- has buttplate (it is a m44 buttplate, but aligns poorly - fixable)
- clean sharp barrel
- clean sharp crown
- clean chamber and face

As I said this is the worst in my batch, but with some TLC should still be a shooter. It does seem that they are getting near the bottom.

Still happy

Flem

Congrads, I hope mine is just as nice. It will be here on Monday.

usmctop 04-23-2010 06:32 PM

I ordered a M44 Inc on 5 April, and it posted in Estore today, hoping for a quick ship time. Can't wait to see what the luck of the draw has for me on this one. I had extremely good luck on my field grade garand, my rack grade carbine and my 1903A3. I hope my luck continues. Doesn't really matter, this order will be a rebuild project that my Grandson and I will work on together. He is getting almost as excited as me:)