View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearyw View Post
It sure looks like it needs to be re-crowned. Someone really screwed it up. You might take a look at rimfireshooting.com and find a reference to "Que". He lives in Huntsville and does a lot of .22 work for people in this area. He works at Redstone and does the 22 work on the side. He fixed several problems for a friend of mine's 40x.
Thank you pearyw;

I talked this evening with "Que" the member from the Rimfire Shooting forum, and he says that after looking at the thread on RFC, he believes the issues are with the bore. I am going to meet with him on Saturday to pass him my rifle, and he is going to look it over in his spare time.

He wants to start by slugging the bore to determine where, if any, there are any questionable spots of concern. He wants to take measurements from slugging the bore at both ends, and then slugging the entire bore. From there we will be in a better position to know what's wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it.

I have a good feeling about this path, and trust me, there have not been too many good feelings about shooting this rifle...

I am praying that I do not have to re-barrel this rifle.

WWG1WGA