Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ifishsum
    • Nov 2013

Jeff - Steelhead fishing was indeed the inspiration for the screen name, but due to nerve pain in my lower extremities I haven't been able to do much of that for a few years. But I am now much more involved in shooting so I guess it's not all bad.

I personally haven't shot at Estacada R&G yet but I know that our CMP Service Rifle and all other matches at Douglas Ridge are open to non-members. To shoot on a non-match day you have to be with a club member. The 100 yard matches are pretty low key but if you haven't shot a match before they require an orientation, usually Friday night before a shoot. Next one is in early March I believe. You're welcome to PM me if you're planning a trip over and want to see about shooting, if I have the free time I don't usually need much incentive to do some shooting

I grew up in La Grande and have shot at the club there at Hilgard before, nice place.

Comment

• The Apprentice
      • Mar 2010

Merry Christmas to the members & thank you for the postings in this thread.
      Jeff
      CGA Member 31675
      CMPUser2953
      CMP Customer #:249381
      33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
      My Favorite carbine :
      http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/ca...GN_spell2.html

Comment

• The Apprentice
        • Mar 2010

NO snow no rain just cold with slight wind.

Originally posted by The Apprentice View Post
        But I loaded 200 rounds of 06,
        So I will post a Win-13 and a rebuild Shuff's reparked HRA get some work this Saturday in some nice open 32°ƒ Eastern Oregon sun
        My son is a devout mouse gun lover with the affection to a M1A. However I am breaking him down a little he is shooting my H&R 5.7 that is corrected and re-parked by Schuff's
        http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/Je...EF5FD.mp4.html
        Last edited by The Apprentice; 01-05-2014, 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
        CGA Member 31675
        CMPUser2953
        33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
        My Favorite carbine :

Comment

• Edward Ludwig
          • Oct 2009

I live in Bend we have the COSSA range about 20 miles east of town.

Comment

• Gun Tuner
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ORN197 View Post
            Albany Rifle & Pistol Club in Albany apparently has an active high power match schedule. I've never been... but want to go. They're not THAT far from home for me.
            I'm a member and R.O. you would be welcome as my guest any time if you want to come down for the high power and Garand shoot. Thats why I signed up at ARPC. I have yet to shoot in the match. I haven't checked in a couple weeks to see if the calendar has updated. I will PM you a link shortly. http://www.arpc.info/cgi/calendar.pl
            Last edited by Gun Tuner; 01-29-2014, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• ORN197
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Gun Tuner View Post
              I'm a member and R.O. you would be welcome as my guest any time if you want to come down for the high power and Garand shoot. Thats why I signed up at ARPC. I have yet to shoot in the match. I haven't checked in a couple weeks to see if the calendar has updated. I will PM you a link shortly. http://www.arpc.info/cgi/calendar.pl
              Thanks! Got your PM... will reply there...

Comment

• BigFootsCousin
                • May 2010

I'm in Grants Pass, Josephine County.

We have a pretty nice range here, I've seen some national matches going on there a time or two.

Has anybody gotten together yet? This thread is about a year old.

BFC

Comment

• Gun Tuner
                  • Jan 2011

Its pretty quiet out west here. Seems that the majority of forum members are huddled from the midwest to east coast.

Comment

• The Apprentice
                    • Mar 2010

Thank you for the post BigFoot, I think Gun Tuner has is spot on. It was my goal was to get members to post locations in Oregon, It's nice to hear you have a nice range in Grants Pass

Originally posted by BigFootsCousin View Post
                    I'm in Grants Pass, Josephine County.

We have a pretty nice range here, I've seen some national matches going on there a time or two.

Has anybody gotten together yet? This thread is about a year old.

BFC
                    CGA Member 31675
                    CMPUser2953
                    My Favorite carbine :

Comment

• gene of oregon
                      • Feb 2013

I'm in Silverton. Not much of a shooter but have a thing for M1 Carbines. If I had deep pockets I could really have a fever for GI issue 1911's I do belong to the Molalla gun club. A little far away but a nice quite and safe place to shoot. Gene Silverton, Or.
                      The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!

Comment

• Modeler
                        • Jul 2014

I live on a small patch of acreage between Turner and Jefferson in south Marion County, I can shoot in my backyard but don't much to avoid disturbing the neighbors (until the paperwork for all my suppressors come in, that is...)

I usually shoot on forest land southeast of Scotts Mills, Albany Rifle and Pistol Club is around 40 minutes away from me. I keep meaning to join, but it is kind of far away. OTOH, the pit I shoot at up in the woods takes over an hour to get to. I should probably just buck up and join ARPC.
                        "Be weird; pay with cash!" - Dave Ramsey

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live." - Tom McCall, 30th Governor of Oregon

Comment

• hardball45
                          • Sep 2010

I'm in Eugene, a desert wasteland for real competition. Local club's present most serious group shoots CBA. All 6-8 of them. Bullseye is very limited. That's what I have shot mostly. I hope we can build it back up and get the State Match back from Tri County. Most local yocals that shoot AR are trying to make something grow an inch with each 30 round mag they empty as fast as they can. There are some decent defensive training groups nearby. They do a decent job.
                          My experience with AR is very limited. The EEGC range 20 miles from home has 200 yards. I would like to get some interest in shooting some reduced matches.

Comment

• hardball45
                            • Sep 2010

By the way. Is there somebody near Eugene that can fine tune a new AR RRA match trigger?

Comment

• Gun Tuner
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by hardball45 View Post
                              By the way. Is there somebody near Eugene that can fine tune a new AR RRA match trigger?
                              Are there no competent smiths in the area? Done any snooping around AR15.com?

Comment

New member. I'm in Klamath County. A house in Klamath Falls and 300+ acres in north Klamath county.

The only range I know of in the area is Sportsman's Park range out past Keno. Nice place and people but too far away when I can go anywhere there's open public land closer.

But I will be doing most of my shooting on my property (mostly varmint) and with a can to keep things quiet. Haven't ventured out around the state since moving here from h_ll (CA).

Comment

Working...
                                X