View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyTuono View Post
RRA makes fine rifles and uppers for service rifle competition as well as White Oak. You really can't go wrong with either. They both use Wilson button cut barrel blanks which means that they generally will last about 3,000 rounds before the groups start opening up at 600 yards. I like White Oak because I've met the owner, John Holliger and his family out at Perry a number of times and they've always been very nice and really great to deal with over the years.

Incidentally I shot an RRA A2 at SAFS for my cherry leg points several years ago now and I really liked that rifle. The only thing I can say negatively about it is that the RRA NM trigger sometimes has a way of becoming a single stage from wear and tear after several thousand rounds so a good quality trigger is a must in whatever rifle you have. There are a lot of options out there but the standard seems to be either the Geissele or the Wisconsin M-K II. There is a way to make the LaRue MBT trigger suitable for XTC which is what I'm using now but that's a different discussion.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Thank you, yes very helpful. Amazing how you can always be learning in this hobby.