X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowboysnavy
    • Oct 2012

Weight of mann barreled action?

Does anyone know the weight of the mann minus the stock.
    I don't have a scale to weigh mine but trying to make sure after my mods I can make f tr weight. I'm doing something similar to what bob did but using carbon fiber it's gonna be hard to keep it under 18.15 lbs but that what I'm trying to do
    Thanks in advance
  • VMFn542bob
    • Oct 2009

Weight of a MANN Accuracy Rifle

Originally posted by Cowboysnavy View Post
    Does anyone know the weight of the mann minus the stock.
    I don't have a scale to weigh mine but trying to make sure after my mods I can make f tr weight. I'm doing something similar to what bob did but using carbon fiber it's gonna be hard to keep it under 18.15 lbs but that what I'm trying to do
    Thanks in advance
    Mine weighs about 12 pounds with the scant stock pistol grip still attached. That's as close as I can come on weight using spring bathroom scales. I suspect the small piece of wood in the pistol grip weighs no more than a pound, if that.
    Last edited by VMFn542bob; 11-02-2012, 10:16 AM.
    A veteran is someone who once signed a blank check payable to The United States of America in an amount up to and including their life.

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
      • Oct 2012

Thanks that really helps me out.
      I have found a wealth of knowledge about the testing that was done with these devices dtic.mil and then search. so many govt documents will make your head spin after a few hours of reading. I bet I read at least 20 on developing different rounds for the 7.62 and some of the pressures they put these barrels to amazes me.

Comment

• VMFn542bob
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Cowboysnavy View Post
        Thanks that really helps me out.
        I have found a wealth of knowledge about the testing that was done with these devices dtic.mil and then search. so many govt documents will make your head spin after a few hours of reading. I bet I read at least 20 on developing different rounds for the 7.62 and some of the pressures they put these barrels to amazes me.
        Have you thought about starting a new thread in this MANN Accuracy Rifle Forum and post links to those MIL tests?
        I think it could be a valuable resource. The Internet is a really big place and it's easy to loose an interesting link you may find there. I have spent many hours trying to find again something that I stumbled across in the past because I did not record it's location in the World Wide Web called the INET.
        A veteran is someone who once signed a blank check payable to The United States of America in an amount up to and including their life.

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
          • Oct 2012

Will do
          In a few days dtic is a great way to not spend money on trying things the military has already done it and posted results for everyone to see " if you know where to look"

Comment

• BubbaTheKid
            • Mar 2010

I'd love to see a picture of one of these &.62 NATO Mann Devices in its mount system at atest facility. I've seen the old V shaped sled pictures. But never the set up for these Mann Rifles CMP has on offer.

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
              • Oct 2012

There's not many pics in the reports the few that do relate to the 40mm mann but I will post all the info I can In a few days

Comment

Working...
              X