X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwct
    • Oct 2009

AP ammo

Anyone know why Mississippi is on the CMP list for no shipping of AP rifle ammo?
  • Mississippi Kid
    • Oct 2009

Don't know why.

Ms.Code 97-37-31 clearly states " or armor piercing ammunition as defined in federal law".

My interpetation is if it's legal according to federal law,it's legal here.Orest said it's not federal law but state law and it's interpetation.

Go read the whole thing.Seems pretty clear don't it ?If somebody knows more about this than I do,please enlighten us.

Hopefully they'll change our status .If not then you'll have to go to the store.

Comment

• catsnguns
      • Dec 2009

I wonder if one could get a statement from the local DAs office on this just for clarification. I have maybe a hundred rounds of the stuff I moved here with and actually checked the state law publication from the BATFE some years back as silencers were illegal for civillians at the time but other class III was okay. No I have no class III stuff but I just thought the silencer ban here back then was unusual for this state. Might stick my nose in the DAs office down town and see if he can give some clarification.

Comment

• Rondog
        • Oct 2009

AFAIK, the ban on AP pretty much everywhere is only for handgun ammo. I guess the reasoning is that AP for handguns would get used by bad guys against LEO's and may defeat body armor, whereas AP in a rifle against a LEO is a moot point, because most any centerfire rifle round will defeat body armor anyway.

I hope I can get some, I have some steel plates I want to ventilate.

Comment

• captain-03
          • Oct 2009

Did any of you guys get in and able to order some? I was able to place an order for 5 cans ...

Comment

• catsnguns
            • Dec 2009

I had no problem ordering two cans Friday evening after getting around the faulty link issue. I am in it for "collector" status and am hoping for U.S. GI. In any case it is intended to be collector stuff. I realized what a ridiculously good deal this corrosive ammo is as shooter grade. Sunday before church I ordered a couple of the cans of linked ammo to help fill the ammo need for three seperate commitments I have made to people/groups this Summer to shoot a Garand. I can horde my HXP and "good" Korean for later use.
            To be honest I am tempted to order two or four more cans of the linked 06 while still around but in the back of my mind I am still a bit worried that this ammo might have some issues on the cases with the "glue" used to hold it in place and possible "corrosion" on the cases. I am set up to clean corrosive ammo and I have a unremarkable Greek Garand with a decent bore. It is tempting to go push the button.
            Last edited by catsnguns; 05-11-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• captain-03
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by catsnguns View Post
              I had no problem ordering two cans Friday evening after getting around the faulty link issue. I am in it for "collector" status and am hoping for U.S. GI.
              Yea - me, too. Maybe we could see who gets what and some trades possible ...

Comment

Working...
              X