X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russell J
    • Jul 2019

Mini 14

Just thought I would share pictures of my upgraded Mini. I actually used an M1 Garand handguard to replace the black plastic one it came with. Sanded and refinished the stock to a darker color. Modified an M16 buttplate to fit to give it a more military look. Lastly installed the Accurate Systems harmonic barrel stabilizer, mainly for looks. What do y'all think?

http://imgur.com/gallery/ReEEsyj
  • bob loughlin
    • Mar 2011

Looks like it should have left the factory that way . Much better looking Mini 14 . Bob

Comment

• Steve9
      • Jan 2017

Looks sharp!

Hope you don't mind asking--why the extra screw on butt plate?

Comment

• Russell J
        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Steve9 View Post
        Looks sharp!

Hope you don't mind asking--why the extra screw on butt plate?
        I had to remove so much material that the hinge/ swivel was no longer usable so just made it easier to secure it.

Comment

• NYcop400
          • Apr 2020

Looks great! One of my goals is to refinish my mini14 stock.

Comment

• jeffe
            • Dec 2020

It looks much more like a military rifle.

Comment

• RedSpecial
              • Jan 2013

I dig it.
              - Neil

My Feedback thread

Looking for SA M1 2417731 - its out there, the CMP sold it in 2012!

Comment

• mtd66
                • Oct 2009

Looks good! How does it shoot? I played around with Mini 15 years ago, tried just about every "trick" or aftermarket upgrade, and I never could get the thing to shoot worth a damn. Bought my first M1 shortly thereafter, and never looked back. My M1's will outshoot that old Mini every time. Scope on the Mini14, and irons on the garand

Comment

• 82Trooper
                  • Sep 2018

in my humble opinion...that's the best looking Mini-14 I have ever seen. Love it.

Comment

• Russell J
                    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by mtd66 View Post
                    Looks good! How does it shoot? I played around with Mini 15 years ago, tried just about every "trick" or aftermarket upgrade, and I never could get the thing to shoot worth a damn. Bought my first M1 shortly thereafter, and never looked back. My M1's will outshoot that old Mini every time. Scope on the Mini14, and irons on the garand
                    I haven't shot it since I finished it up, will do that Saturday. I put a total of 10 rounds through it before and it was looking very accurate but that was with open sights. This is a newer model which are supposed to be much more accurate. I'll report back after my range trip.

Comment

• jayej2156
                      • May 2019

Nice lookin piece! Love the butt plate. Is that an accuracy systems stabilizer?

Comment

• Russell J
                        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by jayej2156 View Post
                        Nice lookin piece! Love the butt plate. Is that an accuracy systems stabilizer?
                        Thank you. Yes it is. A little pricey but love the look and the gas block is adjustable so I can keep the brass from ejecting into the next county.

Comment

• jayej2156
                          • May 2019

I ordered the stabilizer & some bushings yesterday. Maybe a walnut stock next. Does the matching hand guard fit tight? Any loosness?

Comment

• Russell J
                            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by jayej2156 View Post
                            I ordered the stabilizer & some bushings yesterday. Maybe a walnut stock next. Does the matching hand guard fit tight? Any loosness?
                            The handguard was made from a Birch M1 garand handguard that I had. Took a lot of fitting but there is no slop. The stock is the original stock sanded and stained.

Comment

• terry_b
                              • Oct 2009

really good looking job! if it shoots half as good as it looks you've got somethiing to be proud of. post your range results, please!

Comment

Working...
                              X