X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bear57
    • Oct 2009

North Store today

Talked to Bob at the N.S. this afternoon. He said there was one customer in the store with about 7 Service grade Garands and maybe 4 Field grades left, and those were fairly well picked over.

A new truck is not expected for another month or so, and with current N.S. rule of 2 Garand's from the store, the store should be quiet.
  • jeffe
    • Dec 2020

It sounds lonely at the North store.

Comment

• rmw66
      • Jan 2021

My dad and I were the first ones there this morning. And I’m glad we were . Right after we picked out what we wanted quite a few people showed up and it looked like a feeding frenzy.
      It was my first visit I was hoping to get a special but there were none . I got 2 service grades . One H&R with a bbl that was 0 & 0 so hopefully it will be my shooter . The other was a IH . My Dad got a couple of Springfields . I had been intending to do this since it was the DCM 25 years ago. Glad I finally did

Comment

• 3IDGarand
        • Jul 2015

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of going this week with a buddy of mine (5+hour drive), but had no appointment and didn't want to wait in the cold. After some debating, we both decided to do a mail order and try making the longer drive to the south store in the spring.

Comment

• abeal
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by 3IDGarand View Post
          Thanks for the update. I was thinking of going this week with a buddy of mine (5+hour drive), but had no appointment and didn't want to wait in the cold.
          You would not have to wait outside in the cold. There is a large indoor area with restrooms and chairs where you check in. It is the same area where you check in for the national matches. Once checked in, they will either tell you to wait inside or they will send you right in, depending how many people are inside the store. When they tell you that you can go in, you go outside and enter two doors down. So the only time you are outside is walking from and to your car.

Comment

• Steve-OH
            • Jan 2021

So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.
            My Feedback

Comment

• dannemiller
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Steve-OH View Post
              So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.
              It was last Saturday.

Comment

• rmw66
                • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Steve-OH View Post
                It was yesterday

Comment

• USAAF
                  • Oct 2009

North store

Originally posted by Bear57 View Post
                  Talked to Bob at the N.S. this afternoon. He said there was one customer in the store with about 7 Service grade Garands and maybe 4 Field grades left, and those were fairly well picked over.

A new truck is not expected for another month or so, and with current N.S. rule of 2 Garand's from the store, the store should be quiet.
                  So the racks are near empty with nothing left to refill racks ? Scary.
                  I was there on the 11 th and it was fairly busy morning. Took only one home thinking when another truck comes I could get one more, if that two per year at the North store holds out.

Comment

• rmw66
                    • Jan 2021

Originally posted by USAAF View Post
                    So the racks are near empty with nothing left to refill racks ? Scary.
                    I was there on the 11 th and it was fairly busy morning. Took only one home thinking when another truck comes I could get one more, if that two per year at the North store holds out.
                    When we got there yesterday morning the first rack was full of service Springfield and H&R , the second was about 3/4 full , that’s where I go my IH , so I’m guessing it was all IH ? Over by the window where you turn your paperwork in there was a rack I did not look at . My dad said they were all more expensive.
                    With the amount of people that were there and still coming I would imagine they were pretty low on stock by the end of the day if they don’t have more rifles
                    They had some field grades also , but if I remember right no more than 3/4 of the rack was full .

I guess a question for the regulars would be , is everything usually full on a Thursday morning?
                    Last edited by rmw66; 02-19-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X