Thread: 10 Rd Magazines
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YahooMarine View Post
Here is an excerpt with the exact wording:

2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
399 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a

So, if the firearm has a detachable magazine and any one of the evil features it is an assault weapon regardles of the capacity of the mag.

Example is the M1 Carbine with a bayo lug.

Rich
I maybe wrong, but my interpretation of HB 961 is that the M1 Carbine is not an "assault weapon" because it falls under a curio and relic.

Line 424: ""Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as defined in 18.2-308.2:2."

"Curios or relics" means firearms that are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, which use rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade, but not including replicas thereof;

2. Firearms that are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum that exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

3. Any other firearms that derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collectors' items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.