Thread: 10 Rd Magazines
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 12:51 PM

30: That is an excellent observation. By the end of this year all USGI carbines will be 75 years old, easily exceeding the C&R requirement.

Here is the wording again:

1. Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, which use rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and that is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade, but not including replicas thereof;

I can read that same sentence and interpret that to refer to ammo for the firearm and not the firearm itself. Probably overthinking this.

There is still the pesky 12 round mag limit. Wonder if C&R covers the original USGI magazines.

Thinking deeper, my small but valuable stash of USGI M14 parts are likely all older than 50 years as well so would not fall under the parts of assault weapons taboo.

Going to need a better legal mind than mine to clarify this. Any help out there?

Thanks, Rich