View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason60chev View Post
I cannot shoot a group like that....even with a scope. I no longer really try. My job, overseas, keeps me so out of practice, I figure if i can keep it in the 8 ring at 200 yrds, I'll be adequate. Haven't fired a match in 11 years.
My M1903A1 NM was sold to a gentleman in Omaha, Neb.I bought it from a shop near Salt Lake City, via Gun Broker in 2009. I conacted SRS for a serial number search and it got the hit. I didn;t tell the seller that. When I asked them how they acquired the rifle, all they told me was that a man came in, saying that he didn;t want it. Did a little genealogy research and found that one of the orignal purchasers sons had located to a town near SLC. It may have been him, who sold it. My receiver has been drilled/taped for a lYman receiver sight, but still has the plugs. Sight never mounted. Rifle looks pristine, like it was rarely used. The Piece de' Resistance of my 1903 Springfield collection.

https://imgur.com/a/oz3zKbp
Beautiful rifle!

Under 'normal' conditions I would usually work overseas once or more a month. My eyes are toast for ~3 days when I get back. You can suck it up and deal with the jet lag, but you can't fool your eyes into working properly. If I return on a Saturday from Asia or Europe and have a match on a Sunday- my scores are never great and I just go to enjoy the match and the people. Didn't have that problem this year and seems like my scores and number of gold trinkets were higher.