Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2019, 08:51 AM

Default Imgur account

Setting up an account on Imgur is easy enough until it requires a conformation text to my phone number. I don't have a "smart" phone. Is there a way to confirm via email? It's time to start thinning the collection.
Thanks,
Rich
Old 01-08-2020, 06:47 PM

https://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...pstkemgdwj.jpg
Old 02-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Just registered on imgur to be able to post pictures on CMP Forum. Question: On the post page you can select either: "All", "Public", or "Hidden". What do you chose? My thought would be "Hidden" since you would be posting pics of firearms. What are your thoughts? I'm new to imgur.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Toy View Post
Just registered on imgur to be able to post pictures on CMP Forum. Question: On the post page you can select either: "All", "Public", or "Hidden". What do you chose? My thought would be "Hidden" since you would be posting pics of firearms. What are your thoughts? I'm new to imgur.
I post hidden because I am supplying the site link to forum members.
405th Air Police Sq., USAF
Clark Air Base, Philippines (1961-1964)
Old 02-06-2020, 12:52 PM

Anybody using google photos that can clue me in on how to make that work
Old 02-10-2020, 07:54 PM

Default Imgur pics directly into forum posts NO LINKS

In Imgur click the image you want and it will come up in a separate window, in the bottom right corner click Large or Huge Thumbnail, then Copy BBcode. Right click in your forum post text box and paste, do NOT use the insert image icon. Use the preview button to choose the right size image before posting. Like this (large thumbnail):

If you have a bunch of pictures, you can create an album and download all album pictures into your post at once. Sign into Imgur, click on the green circle in the upper right corner and select images. You can always get back to the Green circle by clicking the Imgur icon in the upper left corner.

A new page will come up with all your pictures. In the upper left click the "All Images" tab. Select "new album". In the new window, name your album and save. Select "add images" and in the new window click one of the options on the left, then select images for your album and save.

Now click on the “View Image Info” tab and on the drop down list select “Generate Image Links”. Select the images you want to download. Remember this forum has a max of 12 images. Then click “Done” In the new window, click on “Link (email & IM), and on the drop down list select “BBCode(message boards)”. On the “Original Image” tab, select Large Thumbnail. Now click the copy button or right click on the green area and copy.

In your Forum text box, right click and paste. Do NOT use the “Insert Image” icon. All your selected album pictures will be in your post. Use the preview button to get everything to your liking before posting (I like to have spaces between pics). It will look like this with no spaces (medium thumbnail):

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by the mainstream media, which holds that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltgrabber View Post
I post hidden because I am supplying the site link to forum members.
This may be a stupid question (please forgive my lack of computer savvy) but on imgur does selecting hidden mean that only users where you post the link (such as here on CMP Forum) can view your pictures and more importantly not those random users on imgur can peruse your pictures or albums, etc. on the imgur website ?
Old 03-04-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Toy View Post
This may be a stupid question (please forgive my lack of computer savvy) but on imgur does selecting hidden mean that only users where you post the link (such as here on CMP Forum) can view your pictures and more importantly not those random users on imgur can peruse your pictures or albums, etc. on the imgur website ?
If you don’t post hidden, everyone on the World Wide Web will see it and comment on it.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by the mainstream media, which holds that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:55 PM

Default Imgur phpto hosting procedure

Imgur picture hosting procedure for desktop (Windows 7 pro)

-Take photos. I use camera image size of 6MP, down from 24MP. This will increase the upload speed. Six is plenty.

-Go to Pictures Library and make a folder with an appropriate name to house the photos to go in your thread.

-Upload the pics from your phone or camera memory card into this folder. (Or you can go straight from your memory card)

-Before you open Imgur, you may want to start your thread on CMP, write your text, and skip a space to make room for your images. Your cursor should be flashing 1 space below your text and that is where you will be pasting the pictures.

-In a new tab, Open Imgur

-Click “+ new post” It’s in the green box upper left

-You’ll see a new screen with “Drop images here” and below that “Choose photo/video….”

-Click “Choose photos” This will allow you to do a browse of your picture folders or your memory card. Find the one you have chosen above.

-From the folder or card, select your pics you want to place in your thread (hold the CTRL key while you click on your selections)

-Once all the images have been highlighted/selected, Click open

-Images will start to upload, Wait for every picture to be uploaded

-Give post a title

-Click hidden

-If ever you need to navigate, you may need to get to a screen where it says “images”. You can do this by Clicking on “the green balloon with a S in the middle”, or click on your “username if present”, or click on “green box with + new post”. ***

-Click images (if that isn’t already an option, read above) you’ll get a drop down box

-In the drop down box, Click all images

-Click on the proper album you just named above

-Choices for you to select will appear

-Click, View image info “ Upper right choice”

-Click, Generate image links

-Select all images to be pasted on your CMP thread.

-Click done

-Green highlighted links will appear

-At the top of the window, Click link (email and IM)

-From the drop down box, Click BBCode (message boards)

-Click “original image” tab

-From the drop down , click, Select large thumbnail (I’ll post a photo to show size at the end)

-Move cursor to the middle of the green area, now Right click in the green area

-Click COPY

-Go to forum (CMP, AR15, ect) and right click where images are to go (usually below your text)

-Click PASTE

-Preview post, if images appear, you are good to go.

-Click, submit new thread

*** There may come a time when you need to get back to your album, maybe to rearrange the order in which the photos will appear, Usually this can be done by clicking on your username and selecting “posts”. This will show your posts or albums, pick the one you want to deal with and go from there.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:50 PM

I figured out how to get a link on my post using imgur. I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong as far as imbedding a picture into my post. Is there a certain post count a user has to attain to be allowed to do so? At the bottom right when I'm posting I see this>>>> You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off